Show About Time...

Maybe this isn't the right place, but trying to pick the brains of some knowledgable people...

What ideas, concepts, themes, etc. would you put into a show about time? Specifically, a show entitled, "The Illusion of Time." Wondering if there are any things, other than what I have already thought, to bring to the table when our staff sits down near the end of the month to develop our show direction for the Fall.

Music from "Somewhere in Time"

Adventures in Time

visuals inspired by The Persistence of Memory

Costumes that go from the Victoria era of The Time Machine to something ridiculously futuristic.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ibexpercussion said:

Maybe this isn't the right place, but trying to pick the brains of some knowledgable people...

What ideas, concepts, themes, etc. would you put into a show about time? Specifically, a show entitled, "The Illusion of Time." Wondering if there are any things, other than what I have already thought, to bring to the table when our staff sits down near the end of the month to develop our show direction for the Fall.

Well, it rules our lives. Can a distinction be made between past, present & future time? Maybe some events occur in reverse order? An airport a place where time rules our lives. The vacation where times just flies by. A jail cell where time is a nemesis. Black holes, deep space where time is a mystery. Great concept. 

• Like 1

There was a 1979 movie titled Time After Time with Malcom McDowell as H.G. Wells that I always remember had a great soundtrack with it. One of those movies (Pulp Fiction also comes to mind ) where the music is like its own character.

• Like 1

The show could theme could be how time is a mindset. Although time is a standard the realities are individual. The airport you could be late for a flight while others are camped in the corner waiting for a more distant flight. Same time different perception on how slow or fast time is for them. Prop clocks that rotate at different speeds. The jail cell clock would move very slowly. The Vacation clock moves faster. Will stop rambling I know as much about show design as I do 3D printers (from yesterday's thread}. Heck, I can't hold back. The show attire could be new smart uniforms were clocks on the MMs rotate at varying speeds. I will stop before I mention 3D Glasses and AI for the MMs.

• Like 1

Western Carolina had a pretty cool show about time this past year (you can find it on YouTube), that might give you some ideas. Maybe songs such as "Time After Time" (Cyndi Lauper), "The Best of Times" (STYX), "Too Much Time on My Hands" (STYX), "Final Countdown" (Europe), "Clocks" (Coldplay), "Time in a Bottle" (Jim Croce), "Time" (Pink Floyd), "Time Stand Still" (Rush), "Out of Time" (The Rolling Stones).

This is an interesting concept, and I think if done well it could be really fun.

• Like 1

If you’re old enough to remember Disco Star Wars top 40 song the artist had a follow up album called Time Machine. Supposedly a song for each era and it SUCKED and about killed his career.

We did one of those songs in 78 and easily worst piece I ever played. Only saving grace was we played it going backfield and hard to hear

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

all of the musical selections above. clock imagery helps, even drill sets to represent clocks...sands thru the hourglass ( minus Days of our Lives drama)....all kinds of stuff

• Like 1

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

That is a great song!!!  Heard it recently on SiriusXM.