New Show Watching in 2019

I'm lucky to have time during most summers to get to quite a few shows. Plus, it helps living in the Midwest.

Just purchased tickets to the Casper show. That's a place I have wanted to visit for drum corps for a very long time. (My first drum corps T-shirt in 1975 was a Trooper's shirt.) I happen to be headed to something in far western North Dakota anyway. 

Also seeing the Stanford show for the first time this summer. Last summer was a first for me in Whitewater.

Anyone else planning to get to first-time show venues during the 2019 tour?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Looking to catch the tour leg across Iowa this year. From KC we could go north or south thinking Iowa may be a little cooler.

8 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I'm lucky to have time during most summers to get to quite a few shows. Plus, it helps living in the Midwest.

Just purchased tickets to the Casper show. That's a place I have wanted to visit for drum corps for a very long time. (My first drum corps T-shirt in 1975 was a Trooper's shirt.) I happen to be headed to something in far western North Dakota anyway. 

Also seeing the Stanford show for the first time this summer. Last summer was a first for me in Whitewater.

I don’t think this really counts on a historical basis but we’re going to Zionsville, Indiana.  Never been there.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t think this really counts on a historical basis but we’re going to Zionsville, Indiana.  Never been there.

Burb of Indy.  Right next to Carmel.  It's not like "downtown Indy" but doesn't really have all that much in the way of a distinct character as a neighborhood (ala Broad Ripple).  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Not a bad venue at all. I attended last year’s show there. It’s also a pretty good line up for a June show in Indiana.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Looking to catch the tour leg across Iowa this year. From KC we could go north or south thinking Iowa may be a little cooler.

Seeing Des Moines on my way to Casper. It’s got a great group of corps lined up.

Katy, TX was another new show for me last year. Texas pumped in extra heat just for drum corps fans.

20 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Katy, TX was another new show for me last year. Texas pumped in extra heat just for drum corps fans.

Jealous wasn't that where SCV met up with BLOO. Wasn't on FLO either.

10 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Jealous wasn't that where SCV met up with BLOO. Wasn't on FLO either.

Yep. SCV, Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Crown. Cavies, too, I think. I stayed the night and drove to San Antonio the next day.

Not that it's a new thing for me, but I know for a fact I will be in ATL. Hopefully I will get to take the girlfriend to a few more shows before that so that she can be properly assimilated into the collective and so she can actually wear all of her BK gear that she (meaning I) bought last year at her very first corps show.  I really hope to see some of the DCP folks there and grab a beer or 3.