New Show Watching in 2019

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

I am going to the Atlanta show. This will be a first time for me and the first time with an entire field lineup in probably 25 years.

I haven’t been to the new venue.  I went to the Georgia dome but chose seats too close to the concourse (noisy).  

You’ll have to let me know how you like the new place.  I have a dear, dear friend in Atlanta who is having health challenges who I would like to coincide a visit with the regional. 

34 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I haven’t been to the new venue.  I went to the Georgia dome but chose seats too close to the concourse (noisy).  

You’ll have to let me know how you like the new place.  I have a dear, dear friend in Atlanta who is having health challenges who I would like to coincide a visit with the regional. 

The new stadium has three concourses now so its kinda hard to avoid the noise unless you sit in the nosebleeds like I did.

Just now, oldsoprano said:

That's not so much a problem any longer, because the new stadium doesn't have open concourses surrounding the lower bowl like the Ga. Dome.

Yes.  That was our problem.  The concourses were open and the noise level was very loud.   Besides that, Atlanta was a blast. 

Doing a modified mid-west tour, so new to us will be Lisle, Minneapolis, Mankato, DesMoines and Dekalb.  Repeats will be Whitewater and Dubuque, although at least 20 years ago!  Leaving from Montreal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have a dear, dear friend in Atlanta who is having health challenges who I would like to coincide a visit with the regional. 

Make sure they know you're there to see them, because they probably know about D&BC and your love for the activity.  :peek:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was there last year and liked it a lot, though I am more interested in the whole package and not just the pure drum corps experience. Sound was just fine for me, in other words. Seating sections usually attached to club/lounge areas, which makes concessions and restrooms convenient. I sat high up - unusual for me - so enjoyed seeing the shows from a different perspective. (Almost said seeing the drills, but...)

Plus, no fuss staying downtown and walking to and from the venue. Not a fan of finishing a great night of drum corps then finding car, queueing out of the parking lot, and driving some way to a hotel.

Worst venue from last summer, however, for fans coming and going during shows. Mostly passive and tolerant, I was riled up enough to complain to the venue staff. They had no idea what I was talking about. That's on DCI, I think.

Edited by mjoakes
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Liahona said:

I am going to the Atlanta show. This will be a first time for me and the first time with an entire field lineup in probably 25 years.

I liked this venue. See my longer response to Terri. Hope you enjoy it. Great place for a long line up of shows.

A show always under the radar is Drums on the Ohio, Evansville, Indiana. Dates back to 1978 and takes place in an unusual stadium with the main bleachers climbing up a hill to the high school level. A very intimate setting. It's still a sort of mom and pop operation (with a well oiled volunteer machine making it work). Superintendent is drum corps friendly, and I believe all schools are open to the corps at no charge.

https://www.dci.org/events/2019-drums-on-the-ohio

• Like 1