Pioneer's DCI Membership Has Been Revoked

17 minutes ago, FTNK said:

RIP. Has never seemed like they were more than barely hanging in

in terms of competitive success and low quality member experience that was the case

• Like 2

While Pio has been removed from DCI, their name & bio continue to be shown on DCI's website:

https://www.dci.org/corps

https://www.dci.org/corps/pioneer

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

While Pio has been removed from DCI, their name & bio continue to be shown on DCI's website:

https://www.dci.org/corps

https://www.dci.org/corps/pioneer

Someone needs to kick in some overtime to the DCI webmaster lol. Seriously probably more pressing stuff to do with the meeting. At least quick with the video on this

16 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCA has their own issue to address

This was all discussed before that the DCA midwest corps perform at dci shows. Dci invites DCA corps and would leave Pioneer out. Pay dues for a few shows around labor day when the younger kids are back in school comitted to their marching band by then just not a good fit. WGI I know nothing about.

4 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

This was all discussed before that the DCA midwest corps perform at dci shows. Dci invites DCA corps and would leave Pioneer out. Pay dues for a few shows around labor day when the younger kids are back in school comitted to their marching band by then just not a good fit. WGI I know nothing about.

Labor Day weekend is beginning to not work for DCA corps since they’re getting younger and younger.   College and high school band members have to be available if there’s a home game on that weekend. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Labor Day weekend is beginning to not work for DCA corps since they’re getting younger and younger.   College and high school band members have to be available if there’s a home game on that weekend. 

Was in high school and college when I was in corps and earlier school start makes a mess too. At least never had games or classes before Labor Day. Maybe start day after but that was it. Only conflict I had was college band camp week before and after Labor Day weekend. But yes younger membership today along with non eastern corps makes it harder. Much as people talk about Labor Day Monday being a “free” travel day I can see it backing up eventually 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Was in high school and college when I was in corps and earlier school start makes a mess too. At least never had games or classes before Labor Day. Maybe start day after but that was it. Only conflict I had was college band camp week before and after Labor Day weekend. But yes younger membership today along with non eastern corps makes it harder. Much as people talk about Labor Day Monday being a “free” travel day I can see it backing up eventually 

They start early out here now.  

29 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Someone needs to kick in some overtime to the DCI webmaster lol. Seriously probably more pressing stuff to do with the meeting. At least quick with the video on this

Yeah they’re kinda running meetings 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yeah they’re kinda running meetings 

It’s the week I’ve been having. Working on bunch of IT problems/emergencies all week. Then get asked if I finished the low priority stuff that’s not due for a while. “Just cuz I have two hands don’t mean I can do two things at once”