Pioneer's DCI Membership Has Been Revoked

24 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

if DCA championships move earlier, shows would be notably dirtier though, no?

Probably.  But I know there are potential members who can’t commit to Labor Day weekend because of band commitments. 

Edit:  DCA membership passed a proposal to allow the performance time a minimum of 8 1/2 minutes.  They should be able to clean an 8 1/2 minute show between January and August. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

I just want there to be, say, 50 sustainable DCI corps and 25 sustainable DCA corps. Is that too much to ask?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

A shame. Absolutely necessary, but a shame.

It is, they were not positioned with RB name on the assets to be like The Cadets and just do the right thing. 
It has been almost a month since the article that headlined that half of the WC corps had tainted individuals going as far as naming them. Do the elite corps mentioned in the press release owe the public a rebuttal? Or do they think by ducking out of any rebuttal they will get members anyway and that's all they need to worry about? Their silence just adds fuel to the fire.

Edited by Bluzes
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

DCA may become an East Coast thing again. Most of the NE goes back to school after labor day. They need to find a home for their championships outside of Rochester and Billsport both have their drawbacks imo.

more and more goes back now before Labor Day. it's becoming an issue regardless of region

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I guess if Pioneer wants to go the DCA route, I hope they realize that every decision outside of their region is of how much money do they want to lose.  And it’s in the five figures. 

they aren't welcome

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I just want there to be, say, 50 sustainable DCI corps and 25 sustainable DCA corps. Is that too much to ask?

Within the context of DCI fans extremely high quality performance expectations, enough equipment requirements per corps to produce an elaborate broadway production, national competitive tour schedules, even for the OC, please define 'sustainable' for those 50 corps.

• Like 1

Pioneer was low hanging fruit dci did what was necessary. They (dci / Corps) also owe the public a response from the other corps mentioned in the press. No response/acknowledgment that they also had their hand in the cookie jar is heartless business advice. It is shortsighted advice that the article will not hurt our recruitment (this year) and they are too big to respond. What kind of message is that?

It's sad, but it's not at all surprising and as I've said before, it's absolutely necessary if that corps is ever going to set foot on a marching field in DCI ever again.

9 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

if DCA championships move earlier, shows would be notably dirtier though, no?

That's an issue, for sure.

Perhaps an earlier date would require the corps to re-think their show designs... to make them easier to get to "championship form" more quickly.