Pioneer's DCI Membership Has Been Revoked

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

I can't imagine he was making a good living running Pioneer

...and that would be why I doubt he has much savings to fall back on beyond his Pabst retirement and the Social Security checks he is getting.

40 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

...and that would be why I doubt he has much savings to fall back on beyond his Pabst retirement and the Social Security checks he is getting.

You’re talking in a circle. A much more plausible explanation IMO is that he sees Pioneer as his baby, he’s an old curmudgeon, and he’s not giving it up. I doubt he ever made any money on it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You’re talking in a circle. A much more plausible explanation IMO is that he sees Pioneer as his baby, he’s an old curmudgeon, and he’s not giving it up. I doubt he ever made any money on it. 

Keep hearing the phrase “always done it this way.... why a problem now?”

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I never said he made money/profit if that is what your stating.  I am stating that was his income. 

Expenses of running a non-profit from your home (if that is what he did) presents an opportunity for expense reports and tax exemptions.  Not a great life considering all of Pioneer's expenses and lack of revenue. 

Edited by Old Corps Guy

19 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Totally agree.  However, my hypothesis still remains.  I don't think he has anything to fall back on or retire from beyond Pioneer.  His enablers know that.  Both the old board (Mainly his family) and the new board (Mainly his friends).

Well, when a teacher or a policemen lose their job because of making poor decisions, they lose their pension/retirement and we all say, "Well they deserved it!" So why should we care if RB loses anything? Same with GH, although somewhat different. However, when you are a corps director and deal with young people, in particular, there are ways to handle situations and you have to make decisions in the best interest of the child, NOT the best interest of the director!

24 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

Well, when a teacher or a policemen lose their job because of making poor decisions

In the private sector, all you need to do is get close to retirement and you could be fired for appreciating in salary too much, think they call that downsizing, been there. To your point, a few adults making poor decisions right now could take the whole thing down. Thinking they are preserving their own livelihood may be fools gold at this point. We can only hope for the best.

Pioneer actually died about 20 years ago and nobody told them about it.

On the bright side, now they can stop getting worse every year...

1 minute ago, contrajedi8 said:

Pioneer actually died about 20 years ago and nobody told them about it.

On the bright side, now they can stop getting worse every year...

They died the years that they made Semifinals?

4 minutes ago, Tim78 said:

They died the years that they made Semifinals?

Yeah. Both years. What a streak...

Edited by contrajedi8