Pioneer's DCI Membership Has Been Revoked

4 minutes ago, contrajedi8 said:

Yeah. Both years. What a streak...

Yes it is. I am glad that you concur. 

6 hours ago, copyright said:

Southwind was great at 2002 Semis.

Sick burn, bro.

However, I'll stack SW history against Pio history any day of the week if you want to play that game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, contrajedi8 said:

Sick burn, bro.

However, I'll stack SW history against Pio history any day of the week if you want to play that game.

Thought it was odd you were mentioning semis performance considering...

Southwind also has a history of restarting after the 97 season and again recently.  Pioneer benefitted from their inactivity in 1998 with connections at Murray State picking up several members. I think we both can agree that both corps had difficulties getting down the road in recent years as other groups were beginning to charter. 

I am a Southwind fan (was listening to 2001 just this morning) - at least you can appreciate that they reorganized themselves and are now an active corps again, right?

The latest from Pioneer:

https://pioneer-corps.org/news-from-the-top/842-news-from-the-top-january-17th,-2019.html?fbclid=IwAR2e59me-pFKp8_RAPfTXjaNy8nf_zxmEY_ZLykPr9wGnQtTi0M2ca120R4

It is worth noting that for the first time, Roman actually makes an effort to apologize and take some responsibility for the situation, but I think his perspective remains flawed.

Contrary to his opening statement, DCI did not "sacrifice" anyone; Roman sacrificed the corps' standing by refusing to step aside. And describing the situation as "the mess the corps is in" rather than "the mess I ( Roman) caused" shows that he still doesn't feel fully accountable for what he has caused.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Did he also imply that complaints and problems should be handled in-house?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Galen said:

The latest from Pioneer:

https://pioneer-corps.org/news-from-the-top/842-news-from-the-top-january-17th,-2019.html?fbclid=IwAR2e59me-pFKp8_RAPfTXjaNy8nf_zxmEY_ZLykPr9wGnQtTi0M2ca120R4

It is worth noting that for the first time, Roman actually makes an effort to apologize and take some responsibility for the situation, but I think his perspective remains flawed.

Contrary to his opening statement, DCI did not "sacrifice" anyone; Roman sacrificed the corps' standing by refusing to step aside. And describing the situation as "the mess the corps is in" rather than "the mess I ( Roman) caused" shows that he still doesn't feel fully accountable for what he has caused.

He flat-out said he is remaining with Pioneer. Proof that their DCI days are finished.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

He flat-out said he is remaining with Pioneer. Proof that their DCI days are finished.

Yes. Invited others to form their own corps, but no one is going to touch Pioneer. 

27 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Did he also imply that complaints and problems should be handled in-house?

I took it as more of a statement than an implication. 

I also think Roman still feels this would have all gone away if it weren't for that pesky "social media."

Pioneer is done.

40 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

"Parade Corps" time.

• Like 1