Pioneer's DCI Membership Has Been Revoked

35 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Same was said of PIo, especially by those now critizing( mostly outsiders). I'm very sure that bar is quite low and anything positive will seems like a step up. Kids are not stupid and have less attachement than we did BITD . To all kids NOT having a good experience no matter the corps, I only hope before they age out they find the great experience drum corps has to offer.

OK back to lurking...happy New Year😊

some of the stuff reported this summer, and other stuff came out at a meeting i attended in Indy in 2010....and the general reaction in the room was "well Roman has a good heart".

I did mention little bits pieces over the years and got blasted because "well Roman has a good heart".

and i haven't recommended Pioneer to a kid since finals week 2010.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Yes, but they never asked us to phony up as much as 5k to march or sign a contract. Todays MM's look at things differently and the corps themselves put them in the situation where they need to beware of things we never imagined. 

My irony meter pegged when I saw pony up come out as “phony up”. Crap Pioneer has been calling good for the kids has been phony for years.

I thought the Tumblr note was significantly different in content and tone (and writing quality) than other Pio statements. Is it stupid to think that might hint RB is not in full command?

7 minutes ago, BigW said:

What did the statement say? I tried the link and it was non-functional.

Same issue here.  Can someone provide the text?

1 minute ago, Old Corps Guy said:

Same issue here.  Can someone provide the text?

Text from the site:

As many of you have heard, this afternoon at the DCI Annual Summit, the decision was reached to revoke Pioneer’s DCI membership. This was a difficult, yet necessary decision. We would like to thank all of our fans in the drum corps community for your support over the years and we cannot express fully our gratitude to our past members, staff, and volunteers. 

We cannot apologize enough for the mistakes made that brought us here today, but know that there is much to be learned from all of this. We had a responsibility to provide for our members and failed to do so. There is no excuse for providing anything but the best for our membership. 

Again, we are both deeply sorry and deeply grateful for everything, good and bad, that has come our way. As our corps prayer says, we will take the pain of losing and the joy of winning all with a smile. We hope there will be a day where a new and improved version of Pioneer will be on the field. Until then, better every day.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

I thought the Tumblr note was significantly different in content and tone (and writing quality) than other Pio statements. Is it stupid to think that might hint RB is not in full command?

Not sure if the statement was officially from the corps or even who posted it.

Doubt RB as actually admitted a problem they couldn't get around

• Like 1

"As many of you have heard, this afternoon at the DCI Annual Summit, the decision was reached to revoke Pioneer’s DCI membership. This was a difficult, yet necessary decision."

That can't be from RB. Has to be from someone outside the framework, or someone who is there and now can say "I TOLD YOU IF YOU DIDN'T GET OUT, THIS WOULD HAPPEN."

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

i wouldn't bet on it