Pioneer's DCI Membership Has Been Revoked

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

in other words, Roman isn't going anywhere.

59 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The organization has been an irresponsible slushy fund for the Blenski klan for decades, and an inappropriate playground for others — plus an unsafe and unsuccessful experience for its members far too often

Let it die! 

My hope is that it can be "reborn" as something that gives the kids what they deserve. Until that happens, I couldn't agree more. 

Maybe the answer is for someone, in the Milwaukee area, who has a clean record and NO friendship with RB and family to start a corps.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

in other words, Roman isn't going anywhere.

Yeah. A pretty mea culap but no indication that any action will actually take place.

3 hours ago, Weaklefthand4ever said:
4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

My hope is that it can be "reborn" as something that gives the kids what they deserve. Until that happens, I couldn't agree more. 

The Pio kids on Reddit seem to be finding homes in Rhythm City and Music City Those corps are being praised, that they provide a wonderful experience.

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

The kids on Reddit seem to be finding homes in Rhythm City and Music City Those corps are being praised, that they provide a wonderful experience.

Same was said of PIo, especially by those now critizing( mostly outsiders). I'm very sure that bar is quite low and anything positive will seems like a step up. Kids are not stupid and have less attachement than we did BITD . To all kids NOT having a good experience no matter the corps, I only hope before they age out they find the great experience drum corps has to offer.

OK back to lurking...happy New Year😊

Edited by GUARDLING

30 minutes ago, KeithHall said:

Maybe the answer is for someone, in the Milwaukee area, who has a clean record and NO friendship with RB and family to start a corps.

I have argued the same thing in other threads. I do feel that any corps that is lost is a loss for the activity and still miss the corps that are no longer with us. I also am a supporter of the underdog corps. I've often said anyone who is Indy but does not get in their seats for the first corps in prelims is missing something great, so I do feel bad we will not see Pioneer anymore.

When it comes to Pioneer, we have to ask ourselves what does its absence mean?

Some have argued that the corps should be saved because of the assets. Have the assets been maintained? If they haven't, you'll have to begin again anyway.

Pioneer has prided itself on, and some will say rightly so, of finding a place for everyone. Well, your most elite corps may not be able to say the  same thing, at least as far as beginners are concerned, but Pioneer was not the only corps that could make that claim. Granted traveling to New Jersey or the state of Washington is not easy from the Midwest, but there are corps that are drum corps experienced focused than competitive focused.

In the past talented members of Pioneer have been honored in I & E contests, which is an honor. My guess would be that these same folks could find a home in another WC corps. Some have.

When it comes to younger members, OC over Pioneer is an excellent option, and would be more age appropriate and healthier. Again, if you arrive at prelims early and stay for the day, chances are you'll have the opportunity to talk parents and volunteers, staff, and marching members of these corps, and they are great people, even if they are temporarily filling the seats of ticketholders who have not shown up yet. I'm always impressed with the people I meet associated with OC.

If we discover that Pioneer's absence is a gap that has to be filled, I do think starting from scratch will, in the long run, be the best idea.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

less attachement than we did BITD

Yes, but they never asked us to phony up as much as 5k to march or sign a contract. Todays MM's look at things differently and the corps themselves put them in the situation where they need to beware of things we never imagined.