Field judges restricted to front sideline in 2019

I get it on both sides. Too much can’t be heard upstairs in a dome 

I’m not much of a poster on these forums, but I have to comment on the absurdity of this change. Those of you commenting on the danger of judging in the drill need to tell me how many judges or students have recently been injured by judges being in the drill. Yes, there have been a couple of near misses (with one judge in particular), but fix this issue with better training, required drill film study, or other precautionary measures...not this! I honestly cannot believe there isn’t more pushback on a rule that will effectively cripple the percussion score in this activity.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beckham said:

Maybe those instructors should consider that there are waaaaaaaaaaay more corps members who are injured because of excessively intense rehearsals, and being expected to tough it out when there is an abnormal pain that needs to be addressed, than there are because of unaware field judges.  

Or they could focus on both like they are doing at these meetings!  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rmurrey74 said:

Or they could focus on both like they are doing at these meetings!  

Exactly -- it's not an either / or proposition.    You can focus on safety in more than one area.  

Biggest change I think we'll see is more batteries staged near the front sideline so the field judges can read them.  This change really should make all the percussion-heads in the audience happier;  but somehow I'm sure they'll still ##### and moan.   :peek:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1