Field judges restricted to front sideline in 2019

1 minute ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I know some staff that might take offense to being call this...............................................

:poke:    :lol:

But half-bald spare tire certainly is descriptive of how the younger visual cats see in the older musical dogs!!!!!

It will be so great to watch the world not end because the drum judge is in the front.  Finally they will not be diving through members and ignoring the front ensemble 75% of the time. 

Edited by rmurrey74

2 hours ago, rmurrey74 said:

It will be so great to watch the world not end because the drum judge is in the front.  Finally they will not be diving through members and ignoring the front ensemble 75% of the time. 

Appreciated the comment, made me think. 

The problem is, I haven't listened to any recent DCI Perc judge sound files, what is the percentage of comments FE vs. Battery? If you're right, 25/75. That as a premise... what are they supposed to be doing? If they're cliniced to mainly focus on battery and let the people in the box handle FE for them... which I have no clue on. Maybe that's what they're asked to do, just thinking out loud. Anyone have answers on that? I'm curious.

3 minutes ago, BigW said:

Appreciated the comment, made me think. 

The problem is, I haven't listened to any recent DCI Perc judge sound files, what is the percentage of comments FE vs. Battery? If you're right, 25/75. That as a premise... what are they supposed to be doing? If they're cliniced to mainly focus on battery and let the people in the box handle FE for them... which I have no clue on. Maybe that's what they're asked to do, just thinking out loud. Anyone have answers on that? I'm curious.

it's an IA sheet...get to what you can when you can, and try to catch every section during the show. 

• Thanks 1