karuna

Field judges restricted to front sideline in 2019

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, dcibrando said:

may have already been questioned but what happens if a front ensemble decides to setup somewhere on the field now instead of the front sideline.  Judges wouldn't be able to get near any of it

yeah i thought about that too. i have talked to a few judges the last few days....not fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 awesome stick visuals...Well, after reading this thread... and mulling over some things... I think I stumbled on what the future DCI percussion battery will be like:

 

It's got it all. Potential branding, T-Shirt sales for the different costumes each corps will use... All the visual enhancement and color....awesome stick visuals... Don't have to worry about how clean.... AND you can free up about 15 more spots for the guard. And note that Nyango plays on TAMA. 😋

 

Edited by BigW
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 11:34 PM, Jeff Ream said:

the reason the complaints have been growing for the last 3 years right there in this picture. THE reason

puh-lease.  while he's certainly the poster child for bad decisions,  there have been very many close calls (even by the so-called experts) which could EASILY have ended in disaster. it's purely luck that many more serious incidents have not occurred.  i applaud the decision. drill has been too complex for "in-the-form judging" for years.  i was ok with the "perimeter" concept as well;  just keep them out of the drill. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karuna said:

puh-lease.  while he's certainly the poster child for bad decisions,  there have been very many close calls (even by the so-called experts) which could EASILY have ended in disaster. it's purely luck that many more serious incidents have not occurred.  i applaud the decision. drill has been too complex for "in-the-form judging" for years.  i was ok with the "perimeter" concept as well;  just keep them out of the drill. 

until his disaster season a few years ago, the calls were far less quiet. The second he "ruined" a Crown moment, and i'll admit that was a horrible call on his part, the occasional complaints became the Hallelujah Chorus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

until his disaster season a few years ago, the calls were far less quiet. The second he "ruined" a Crown moment, and i'll admit that was a horrible call on his part, the occasional complaints became the Hallelujah Chorus

straw that broke, etc...   the close-calls have always been there.  "suck it up, it's drum corps" is no longer an adequate answer when it comes to member safety.  THAT'S what's changed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karuna said:

straw that broke, etc...   the close-calls have always been there.  "suck it up, it's drum corps" is no longer an adequate answer when it comes to member safety.  THAT'S what's changed.

 

NM

Edited by GUARDLING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, karuna said:

straw that broke, etc...   the close-calls have always been there.  "suck it up, it's drum corps" is no longer an adequate answer when it comes to member safety.  THAT'S what's changed.

actually his uh, choices at San Antonio started the snowball. Finals..oy vey. Then San Antonio this year...OC had that snare feature by the stools or chairs....someone dropped a stick ....and had spares in their bag, barely missed a beat...and he had to run to get that stick, bumping players as they played and almost getting hit by a guard member.

 

or he waits for them to finish, and see if what happens next allows him to get the stick. I know which one pretty much everyone else in the world have done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually his uh, choices at San Antonio started the snowball. Finals..oy vey. Then San Antonio this year...OC had that snare feature by the stools or chairs....someone dropped a stick ....and had spares in their bag, barely missed a beat...and he had to run to get that stick, bumping players as they played and almost getting hit by a guard member.

 

or he waits for them to finish, and see if what happens next allows him to get the stick. I know which one pretty much everyone else in the world have done

Oiiiiiiiii…… Man.... one of the big  unwritten rules... make sure when you get dropped equipment that A, can you get it SAFELY, and B, is it a danger to the performers... like a flag pole embedded like a land mine in 4 inches of mud? (been there done that)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mic up the soloists and small ensembles, pump up the synth goo, make sure the person on the mix board makes it sound purdy.  

the future of dci music is bleak.

megaprops, megatarps, and anything and everything to not reward movement resembling marching.

the future of dci visual is bright for people who dig that.

i have seen the future of dci, and it is wgi. 

change or die. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 3:11 PM, BigW said:

Might change they way they're tuned?

We can only hope. The tensions have just gotten too #### high IMHO. I'm all for Kevlar heads. I've loved the stuff since the late 80's. But some of the lines sound so choked at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.