Oregon Crusaders will not field a corps in 2019

If only they had listened to their staff and gotten rid of “contractor” Mike Stevens before it was too late. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, corps8294 said:

They had just recently announced their new brass staff. I hope they all can land gigs elsewhere. 

Yeah, I just heard the news via a FB friend who was supposed to be on their brass staff. 

I feel bad that Oregon  Crusaders will not field a corps this year. It was common knowledge, at least since late August, that marching members and staff were unhappy and rightly so, and there were resignations, so it is not a huge surprise, but it it is a loss.

I can recall the past two summers feeling that OC had shows that seemed to have a certain something missing. It also seemed as if they were not enjoying what they were doing, not so much they did not like the show, design, music, etc., but they seemed to be lacking something, a certain energy. I can recall in Allentown last summer sensing something was not right and this was prior to my learning of the issues facing OC. 

As their statement says, they have rebuilt before and hopefully can do so again, but I am thinking it is more than just bad hires and disrespect to staff and marching members. As serious as both these issues are, it is going to take a top to bottom approach and a real new beginning and commitment.

55 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I believe Troopers are looking for brass players if that is what your son plays.  Huge amount of Drum Corps tradition there.

Thanks, he landed in BK.  Amazing how quickly lists get passed around between corps.

• Like 5

This takes the Casper, WY show down to just three corps. Troopers, The Cadets, Corpsmen. Hope they still have it.