Oregon Crusaders will not field a corps in 2019

24 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

South Park “Sexual harrasment

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Usually don't post two funnies back to back but they are making fun of DCP on Reddit, I don't know what we did to them but I think its funny!!!

[–]starstarstar42 [score hidden] an hour ago 

I do not like these new style corps
I do not like cylindrical bores

"Would you like them with some dance?"
I would not like it when they prance!
"Would you like them with some 'bones?"
I would not like them kicking cones!

I do not like their young firm buns
I do not like corps, Acheson.

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Yeah but they had a presentation on harassment. Isn’t that enough?

/s

In the first Dan Potter video, it was said member safety and vetting were the two major items. The member safety was pretty broad, in my opinion too broad. Personally I feel there should have been three issues discussed as separate issues: sexual harassment, member health and safety, and vetting. Without minimizing the seriousness of the issue,  vetting  is the easiest fix. Do what other non profits do and learn from the mistakes of those who do not. Sexual harassment and member safety and wellness are two separate issues. Member wellness and safety is the larger issue and most likely impacts more corps, but combining it with sexual harassment, which is the more serious issue, waters down this component. This is why the people who believe DCI does not get it are frustrated. 

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

IMO the innoicent discovery of a printed receipt is a deversion. Justifing why they know, hiding how the info was really obtained? Protecting someone else or heard a rumor to that affect. None of us know what Fred did. We do know it was enough to get him kicked off the board but in a grey area as to his job with Crossmen? Dci reasoned their stance on Fred when they introduced the New Chair Person. I may have missed a post that happend when he resigned? The resonsing in the other post made no sense. Does Crossmen need to explain why he is still there, clear the air to move forward?

I am not defending Fred. I was calling for his ### on s tick before you got here.

But no proof, and DCI calls them out, it could be ugly

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Jeff. C’mon. He hired Joel Moody knowing about his sordid past, and placed him around youth again. That’s like handing a pyromaniac a lighted torch and saying you’re willing to give him a second chance. That is why Fred Morrison no longer deserves to be ED of the Crossmen. 

dude...have you seen me defend Fred for anything ever since this broke? But in order to take more steps towards removing him, you need proof in writing. Hiring Joel was bad, but it was before the rules went into place. they have made it clear they are going to enforce them since April.

13 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I am not defending Fred. I was calling for his ### on s tick before you got here.

But no proof, and DCI calls them out, it could be ugly

I am not reading that into you posts. It's the "Fred Has No Defense". The defense the Pats will use Sunday.. For me it's the fine line they walk betwwen his two functions within the youth-activity. What message are they sending? They have not explained how the intergity of the BOD is more important than direct contact with the kids? Heck we can't even figure it out they need to explain this without all the double talk.

5 hours ago, MikeD said:

Hmmm...."Silence is Golden" is actually the Four Seasons. It is on one of their albums I own (yes, I am old!)    😎   

You may be thinking Simon and Garfunkles' "Sounds of Silence".

Thanks for the like MikeD it was a relife. Your one good teacher. When your posts come back at me I feel like I am in detension in HS (my major), keep it up I need it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeD said:

Hmmm.... "Silence is Golden" is actually The Four Seasons. It is on one of their albums I own (yes, I am old!)  😎

You may be thinking of Simon & Garfunkle's "Sounds of Silence".

The lyrics to the Four Seasons tune (which I know well, even if it came out some years before I was born) seem apt for these discussions:

"Silence is golden, but my eyes still see."

Not to mention: "Oh don't it hurt deep inside to see someone do something to her."

- - - - - - - - - -

According to DCX, no corp has played "Silence Is Golden", but as most people here know, "The Sounds of Silence" has been performed many times in drum corps. I knew that "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode had been played once, but not that "I Loved You Once in Silence" from the musical Camelot had been performed in this activity--and I'd never even heard of Alan Parsons Project's "Silence and I", performed twice in the early 1980s.

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

dude...have you seen me defend Fred for anything ever since this broke? But in order to take more steps towards removing him, you need proof in writing. Hiring Joel was bad, but it was before the rules went into place. they have made it clear they are going to enforce them since April.

I like that you called me dude. But I digress. Question for you - seems like you’re giving him a pass because there was no rule in place at the time.   True?  Maybe not giving him a pass, but maybe saying Dan Acheson can’t make him step down or suspend the corps as he did Pio, because rules weren’t in place?  I don’t know. Do they really need a rule saying “don’t do stupid stuff”? IMO he knowingly put youth at risk by placing Joel Moody on his staff. This is inexcusable. If Crossmen BOD won’t act to remove him (and it’s pretty clear at this point that Crossmen BOD is every bit the rubber stamp Cadets, Pioneer, Oregon Crusaders, and probably most of the rest of them were or still are), and Dan Acheson won’t act (and you can’t convince me he doesn’t have the power of his personality to do so, at a minimum), then perhaps more negative public shaming from The Philly Inquirer will do it. Or parents will stop allowing their kids to march Crossmen. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, mint said:

Unfortunately, none of this is true. The tour administration this year, some of whom were new, were absolutely fantastic. They had no agenda besides doing their jobs (and doing them well!). I wonder if their competence threatened the complacency of the higher administration, whose mediocrity ultimately drove the corps into the ground.

OC would be fielding a corps this year (and retaining virtually all of their staff and 30-50% of their vets) if the higher administration simply took accountability for their inadequacy, which ranged from complicity with sexual harassment claims, to mismanagement of money, to general unprofessionalism. Instead, the higher administration refused to step down from their roles. The instructional and design staffs and, consequently, the marching members, left in protest. How could anyone return to a place led by an administration that neglects both the members' safety and their success?

No one wanted this outcome. We all wanted OC to field a corps. But for as long as their CEO and board chairman are still there, shutting OC down is the necessary move. There is no permissible compromise to member safety.

This is the usurp camp talking.  If anyone wants to know what I know about the main sexual harassment claim from last year, please PM me.  I am not comfortable talking about it in the forum but I will discuss it privately.  And please, I am a woman and have been sexually harassed on several occasions.  I know what sexual harassment is, and what it isn't.

To say the new tour staff had no agenda...  please.

They were ready to take over the corps.  Give me a break.

• Thanks 1