Oregon Crusaders will not field a corps in 2019

16 hours ago, MikeD said:

"Silence is Golden" was actually the "B" flip side of the Four Seasons single that featured one of my all time favorite songs, "Rag Doll".

Not to be confused with the Aerosmith song of the same title or with "Rag Mop" by the Ames Brothers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/15/2019 at 3:45 PM, HockeyDad said:

Jeff. C’mon. He hired Joel Moody knowing about his sordid past, and placed him around youth again. That’s like handing a pyromaniac a lighted torch and saying you’re willing to give him a second chance. That is why Fred Morrison no longer deserves to be ED of the Crossmen. 

"like handling a pyromaniac a lighted torch" is a bit over the top in the Moody case.   You are implying he has some sort of addiction without any evidence to support it.  

5 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

"like handling a pyromaniac a lighted torch" is a bit over the top in the Moody case.   You are implying he has some sort of addiction without any evidence to support it.  

THAT is what you got out of my post?  Ok. Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Jake W. said:

I'm with you on this. My judgement is still out on this situation, since there seems to be so much information coming in unsubstantiated from both sides since August, but adding more "I heard" fuel to the fire is pointless.

The time has passed for that. Not that there's ever a time for that. List facts & evidence along with your claims. A corps that really seemed to have promise has gone inactive for the 2019 season, and there is no room anymore for "I heard".

Whatever happened it was enough for the staff to walk and many members to follow

27 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Whatever happened it was enough for the staff to walk and many members to follow

How that fits into an “attempted coup” is beyond me. I’d think about it but don’t really give a .....

6 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Not to be confused with the Aerosmith song of the same title or with "Rag Mop" by the Ames Brothers.

Crap... old enough to remember early 60s Beanie and Cecil cartoons that would do Rag Mop... no clue why...

11 minutes ago, ocadvocate said:

You're right.  The loudest voices on the interest and mob rule were the truth.  Nothing to see here.

Uh ok?

On 1/15/2019 at 2:57 PM, luv4corps said:

This is the usurp camp talking.  If anyone wants to know what I know about the main sexual harassment claim from last year, please PM me.  I am not comfortable talking about it in the forum but I will discuss it privately.  And please, I am a woman and have been sexually harassed on several occasions.  I know what sexual harassment is, and what it isn't.

To say the new tour staff had no agenda...  please.

They were ready to take over the corps.  Give me a break.

Hi ... I'm a relative of an Oregon Crusaders member, and a friend of several former OC members. I've followed the past two seasons very closely and I have to say, that there is -- and continues to be -- a LOT of posts and commentary coming from what you describe as the "usurp camp." Whether it be on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, here, and many other places, there's a lot to read and digest and process from "their" side of the story.

I don't know if we family members / friends / supporters of OC, who don't march and haven't experienced what the members and staff have experienced, will ever know the "whole" and/or real truth. We're outsiders. We haven't "lived" and gone through what they have. We can only read and listen to and digest and process what we can, and (hopefully) interpret things as rationally and fairly as we can.

And, based on everything I and others I know have read and heard, we can't help but come to the conclusion that some very bad things have occurred, some (or much?) of which were largely ignored by those tasked with the safety and security of our loved ones and friends participating in OC.

And there is absolutely no excuse for that. Period.

That being said, we can't help but notice that there's an almost-deafening silence from "the other side" -- "your" side. And I don't count the obviously PR-spun corporate responses from the OC organization. I'm talking about the silence from the folks who know more than what the "usurp camp" has been, quite effectively, communicating.

After all, it's said that in all situations there are "two sides to the story," yes?

I, and others, believe there's something to be said about the effectiveness -- whether for good or bad -- of social media. And, how a "mob mentality" can sway opinion from one extreme to the next, regardless of what the facts may be -- or regardless of whatever "gray areas" there may be.

I believe that there was a very bad person / some very bad people at OC. I also believe that there were people who didn't do all that they could to help.

I also believe that for the most part, many of the folks at OC were very good people. 

As much as I'm disgusted by the actions of those who, basically, ruined it for OC as a whole ... I also feel that the "usurper's camp" story isn't telling the entire story.

(If I were them, I wouldn't, also.)

But that's the thing. I/we only see/read/hear that story. And from the other side, we get ... corporate PR-speak.

There's been a few -- people like yourself -- who've hinted at "the other side," but for various reasons haven't shared very much. At all.

I can understand taking the higher road ... moving on ... putting the past behind you. I wish for the organization to heal, get stronger, and come back better than ever. 

I also understand the legal process. I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes, some of which may involve legal repercussions -- for whatever side.

But for those of us who want to continue supporting, and who only have heard one side of the story ... there's always that lingering doubt -- or more specifically, lingering questions about whether or not ALL of it was true.

But if all we see are corporate responses (ugh) or allusions to different possibilities (hmmmm), we're really not getting a clear picture.

While the other side continues with what has been, whether they realize it or not, a very effective communications and public relations plan.

Your last line, "they were ready to take over the corps" give me -- and others I've spoken to -- pause.

We just don't know what to do with that thought, now that you've shared it.

To put it bluntly, if what we've been reading and hearing is entirely true, and that there were a ton of things that were ignored by the higher-ups, and that member safety and security were constantly jeopardized, then, well, frankly, why would we want to consider supporting this organization under the current leadership?

But, if part of that is true, and another part of that involves something else, then, well, it still doesn't excuse what happened.

But it does reflect a new light on those who are perpetrating this crafted version of the "truth." The "usurper camp," as you call them.

So ... I/we're kind of in limbo here, in that respect.

Edited by Core Repsman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Core Repsman said:

Hi ... I'm a relative of an Oregon Crusaders member, and a friend of several former OC members. I've followed the past two seasons very closely and I have to say, that there is -- and continues to be -- a LOT of posts and commentary coming from what you describe as the "usurp camp." Whether it be on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, here, and many other places, there's a lot to read and digest and process from "their" side of the story.

I don't know if we family members / friends / supporters of OC, who don't march and haven't experienced what the members and staff have experienced, will ever know the "whole" and/or real truth. We're outsiders. We haven't "lived" and gone through what they have. We can only read and listen to and digest and process what we can, and (hopefully) interpret things as rationally and fairly as we can.

And, based on everything I and others I know have read and heard, we can't help but come to the conclusion that some very bad things have occurred, some (or much?) of which were largely ignored by those tasked with the safety and security of our loved ones and friends participating in OC.

And there is absolutely no excuse for that. Period.

That being said, we can't help but notice that there's an almost-deafening silence from "the other side" -- "your" side. And I don't count the obviously PR-spun corporate responses from the OC organization. I'm talking about the silence from the folks who know more than what the "usurp camp" has been, quite effectively, communicating.

After all, it's said that in all situations there are "two sides to the story," yes?

I, and others, believe there's something to be said about the effectiveness -- whether for good or bad -- of social media. And, how a "mob mentality" can sway opinion from one extreme to the next, regardless of what the facts may be -- or regardless of whatever "gray areas" there may be.

I believe that there was a very bad person / some very bad people at OC. I also believe that there were people who didn't do all that they could to help.

I also believe that for the most part, many of the folks at OC were very good people. 

As much as I'm disgusted by the actions of those who, basically, ruined it for OC as a whole ... I also feel that the "usurper's camp" story isn't telling the entire story.

(If I were them, I wouldn't, also.)

But that's the thing. I/we only see/read/hear that story. And from the other side, we get ... corporate PR-speak.

There's been a few -- people like yourself -- who've hinted at "the other side," but for various reasons haven't shared very much. At all.

I can understand taking the higher road ... moving on ... putting the past behind you. I wish for the organization to heal, get stronger, and come back better than ever. 

I also understand the legal process. I'm sure there's a lot going on behind the scenes, some of which may involve legal repercussions -- for whatever side.

But for those of us who want to continue supporting, and who only have heard one side of the story ... there's always that lingering doubt -- or more specifically, lingering questions about whether or not ALL of it was true.

But if all we see are corporate responses (ugh) or allusions to different possibilities (hmmmm), we're really not getting a clear picture.

While the other side continues with what has been, whether they realize it or not, a very effective communications and public relations plan.

Your last line, "they were ready to take over the corps" give me -- and others I've spoken to -- pause.

We just don't know what to do with that thought, now that you've shared it.

To put it bluntly, if what we've been reading and hearing is entirely true, and that there were a ton of things that were ignored by the higher-ups, and that member safety and security were constantly jeopardized, then, well, frankly, why would we want to consider supporting this organization under the current leadership?

But, if part of that is true, and another part of that involves something else, then, well, it still doesn't excuse what happened.

But it does reflect a new light on those who are perpetrating this crafted version of the "truth." The "usurper camp," as you call them.

So ... I/we're kind of in limbo here, in that respect.

bravo.