Oregon Crusaders will not field a corps in 2019

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 12:47 PM, ocadvocate said:

This was a coup attempt plain and simple.  The rest of the staff and members were tools for the take down, using sexual harassment claims, sexism and homophobia claims, any possible organizational deficiencies, and the DCI whistleblower system as weapons to their ends.

Something happened to the meme.... I'll sum this up as someone watching from a grassy knoll near the stage where the Apollo astronauts faked the moon landings.See the source image

Edited by BigW
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2019 at 9:47 AM, ocadvocate said:

You are "well aware" of 5 sexual harassment cases?  You were personally part of the decision-making process and how they were handled by the Executive Director?  Or, are you just parroting the rest of mob that just took down a world class drum corps?

The new Corps Director was there for, what, maybe 9 months, and thought that he could do the job better than the one who had built it up for the prior 10 years?  Really?  That's pretty presumptuous given that he'd never been a corps director before.

So, it's OK to defame a "nice person", and make all kinds of assumptions about whether he was trustworthy? Really?

Who's job is it to evaluate the Executive Director's job performance?  You?  Subordinates?  20-something staff people who have never managed anything in their lives?

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

Have you looked at who is on their board of directors?  These are professional people.  Many are parents that have had kids in the corps.  They reviewed the many bogus complaints and looked through to the truth of the matters.  And so did DCI.  No wrong-doing, incompetence, or neglect was found.

And lest you think that they did not have an agenda, I was recently shown this gem from a "2019 New Beginnings" document written by the Corps Director (who didn't clean out his google drive completely) and shared with staff, dated Aug 16 - before Quillen was even home from Indianapolis or knew of the pending storm that was about hit.

"2019 New Beginnings
(A new approach for the future of the Oregon Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps)

To the board of directors, staff, designers, admin team, media & health team, let me begin by saying thank you for this opportunity to work as your executive director/CEO."

Oh, and the Program Coordinator, who "resigned" on the day of Semifinals, also reserved her apartment in Salem, Oregon for the summer of 2019 the day before.  She obviously intended to come back after the Corps Director was installed as their new king.

This was a coup attempt plain and simpleThe rest of the staff and members were tools for the take down, using sexual harassment claims, sexism and homophobia claims, any possible organizational deficiencies, and the DCI whistleblower system as weapons to their ends.

I'm also told that the Oregon Crusaders 2018 members left unpaid member fees of around $50,000.  Shame on you!

Shame on you all for what you've done to the people who put their life, sweat, money, blood, and tears into this organization. Not to mention their families.

You say that you didn't want this to happen. What the EFF did you expect would happen?  That they would just roll over and take your BS accusations and turn over the keys to the kingdom?

Idiots.  You overplayed your hand, and the truth will come out soon enough.

This, this, a thousand times this.

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2019 at 7:47 PM, Core Repsman said:

I believe that there was a very bad person / some very bad people at OC. I also believe that there were people who didn't do all that they could to help.

I also believe that for the most part, many of the folks at OC were very good people. 

Bless you for really wanting to get at the truth.  I responded to your PM with names and details.  It makes me sick that people just joke about a perfectly fine corps going down.  That's social media for you.  Just make fun of things.  Until it hits you directly, there is no risk.  I haven't been able to come on here since posting several days ago because to see OC's good name dragged through the mud makes me physically ill.  

No corps is perfect.  They make mistakes.  This was a tough year for drum corps.  But OC is getting hosed so bad and they don't deserve it.  They don't.  This is a good corps, started from a pile of rubble by people who love drum corps and love these kids.

To blow up situations into major sexual harassment claims in order to influence members and staff and usurp a corps is WRONG.  And THAT is what happened.  

Edited by luv4corps

Meanwhile, OC Program Coordinator Keith Dunton has publicly revealed the design ideas for what would have been their 2019 production, titled "Defying Newton."