Cadets 1984

43 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Have the back up QB?

Hey, his name is Chad what more does Andy need. He has a "Chad" 

1 hour ago, Bluzes said:

You talking about the Pats? It's going to be cold in Arrowhead subzero may be another ice bowl. The Ole Aumni defense worked out well, have any other tips for Andy?

No I was talking about CM Punk.

4 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Yep....I'd've taken the ring over the brass title.

You had Klesch, Aungst, Litzenberg, Maroney… some pretty darned nice people there at the time. WCU was and still is to an extent one of those places where corps people congregated. Felt at home when I transferred instead of a freak.

6 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

Must have been "Putney Swope" hall..that kind of banter would have worked well there''...lol

It was getting a bit beat then... major renovations/rebuilds later and a new one incoming. They were trying to get out the asbestos when I was there...:eh:

1 hour ago, BigW said:

You had Klesch, Aungst, Litzenberg, Maroney… some pretty darned nice people there at the time. WCU was and still is to an extent one of those places where corps people congregated. Felt at home when I transferred instead of a freak.

What was Klesch doing in 84? Brass staff? 83 was his ageout, I think.

Of course, We had Downey, Float, etc....power players all over the place.

WC"SC" 1980 from the old Swope Hall. It's been pretty much gutted - no more practice rooms. The new one is magnificent.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:42 PM, BRASSO said:

Those on here much closer to the Cadets than Me, will have to say for certain. But I think it was Jim Prime and/ or Donnie Van Doren that wrote the brass charts/ music ? ..., Thom Hannum Percussion ?... Maybe Peggy Twiggs doing wonders with that '84 Cadets Guard ?

What a great show and MM talent Cadets had in '84, and a terrific follow up to their fine '83 production.

Jimmer did the Brass. Hannum did battery. Morrison did Front Ensemble (with Joe Guadett). Zengali Drill. Twiggs Guard with Cesario (Greg) adding to it. Micahel Cesario was program coordinator. Little known tidbit... Klesch and Morrison did the intro for America (Brass and percussion). Jimmer worked with Morrison on the jazz voicings for the Kenton arrangement of America. This was Micahel Klesch's first arranging for a drum corps... a prelude to the full gig in 1985.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

What was Klesch doing in 84? Brass staff? 83 was his ageout, I think.

Of course, We had Downey, Float, etc....power players all over the place.

Was still studying at WCU, did some arranging there as well. Uncertain with his exact involvement with Cadets at that point.

22 hours ago, Brian M said:

WC"SC" 1980 from the old Swope Hall. It's been pretty much gutted - no more practice rooms. The new one is magnificent.

So I've heard. I got there in '83 as a transfer, tired of the garbage from my old school. Finished in '85.

Edited by BigW

• 2 years later...