Cadets 1984

Who did the brass and percussion arrangements for the Cadets iconic 1984 "West Side Story" show?

35th Anniversary of that show - time flies. 

10 minutes ago, Brian M said:

Who did the brass and percussion arrangements for the Cadets iconic 1984 "West Side Story" show?

Those on here much closer to the Cadets than Me, will have to say for certain. But I think it was Jim Prime and/ or Donnie Van Doren that wrote the brass charts/ music ? ..., Thom Hannum Percussion ?... Maybe Peggy Twiggs doing wonders with that '84 Cadets Guard ?

What a great show and MM talent Cadets had in '84, and a terrific follow up to their fine '83 production.

Edited by BRASSO

Thanks for the feedback. The Cadets of the 1980's certainly brought about seismic changes in the activity.

16 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Those on here much closer to the Cadets than Me, will have to say for certain. But I think it was Jim Prime and/ or Donnie Van Doren that wrote the brass charts/ music ? ..., Thom Hannum Percussion ?... Maybe Peggy Twiggs doing wonders with that '84 Cadets Guard ?

What a great show and MM talent Cadets had in '84, and a terrific follow up to their fine '83 production.

Gregg Cesario, brother of Michael (both of whom were on Cadets staff that year) did the choreography design and equipment work design (flag work, etc.) for Garfield Cadets Color Guard for 1984. 

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Jimmer was the brass arranger, Donnie the brass caption and Michael Cesario the program coordinator.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dave Scott said:

Jimmer was the brass arranger, Donnie the brass caption and Michael Cesario the program coordinator.

Thom Hannum in Percussion in '84 for Cadets too,  perhaps ?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dave Scott said:

That Cadets '84 show was a big hit with both judges and audience alike. Chock full of GE.

Cadets were 8th in Field Percussion in the Prelims, and 9th in Field Percussion on Finals Night in '84.

But the Judges loved their Percussion GE book, as the Cadets won GE Percussion both in Prelims and on Finals Night.

The show was a huge hit that season with audiences too.

Edited by BRASSO

"That Cadets '84 show was a big hit with both judges and audience alike. Chock full of GE."

Yeah....beat us by 0.9 in that caption.

"Cadets were 8th in Field Percussion in the Prelims, and 9th in Field Percussion on Finals Night in '84."

7th overall....the lowest caption placement by the winner ever.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

"That Cadets '84 show was a big hit with both judges and audience alike. Chock full of GE."

Yeah....beat us by 0.9 in that caption.

"Cadets were 8th in Field Percussion in the Prelims, and 9th in Field Percussion on Finals Night in '84."

7th overall....the lowest caption placement by the winner ever.

Yup... even back then it was mostly about.... "the show".

' Can't imagine any Corps winning a DCI Title... then or now.... if they finish lower than  ( say ) 5th in any GE Caption.

Edited by BRASSO