Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

4 hours ago, besson57 said:

This didn’t age well:

There has got to be more to this story as to WHY DCI has revoked Arsenal's application.  I've read the director's reddit post.  That thing is tame af.  Where did he go wrong? 

DCI...LATELY...you've turned into an organization that I really can't get behind and I really don't like feeling that way about drum corps either...

• Like 6

What makes me sad about this entire thing is that it appears the director of Arsenal was truly in it for the Members!  He seemed determined to offer members who no longer had a corps to march, a place in which to do so.  His offer seemed heartfelt and perhaps a stretched hand to those members who may be wondering "what next?"  He seemed to make it about the Members!  Which, lest we not forget, is what the dang activity is about in the first place!  Apologizing for the alleged mistreatment of another corps is not slanderous either, it's simply stating "We're sorry for what you went through & we are here for you".  I could say the same for a kid who has been dehydrated.  Seriously, has DCI gone so far as to lose total connection with these members?  Go tell that kid who was hoping to march this season, with tears in his eyes, that you have taken away his opportunity because someone offered to HELP him.  That someone stood up for what is right and tried to do what is honorable.  I sit here stunned and just hope there is more to the story we aren't seeing yet because so far it's absolutely ludicrous!  

Edited by DCIat14
Grammar edit
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

If Dan Acheson is trying to get people yelling and protesting during 2019 DCI events, he's doing a great job.

More like not caring enough to show up

DCI needs to release a statement regarding this. And did this come about AFTER the meetings were over?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I want to hear the official response from DCI before I make a judgement.  Something else is going on besides the Reddit post.  Something is rotten in the state of DCI.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Liahona said:

There has got to be more to this story as to WHY DCI has revoked Arsenal's application.  I've read the director's reddit post.  That thing is tame af. 

Maybe DCI didn't think so.

Related image

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, wilkituba said:

I want to hear the official response from DCI before I make a judgement.  Something else is going on besides the Reddit post.  Something is rotten in the state of DCI.

I'm more eager to hear more from the corps director, myself. As abysmally bad as this makes DCI look, there's got to be more to the story. Presumably the director is in more of a position to provide more details. And this may be an unpopular opinion, but from personal experience, 23 is AWFULLY young to be running a drum corps.

5 minutes ago, Galen said:

I'm more eager to hear more from the corps director, myself. As abysmally bad as this makes DCI look, there's got to be more to the story. Presumably the director is in more of a position to provide more details. And this may be an unpopular opinion, but from personal experience, 23 is AWFULLY young to be running a drum corps.

I dunno...Bill Gates was a millionaire at 26.  Mark Zuckerberg was a billionaire at 23.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Galen said:

Take a look at the ages of the directors and adjudicators and designers who started DCI in 1972.

• Like 3