Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

All you missed reading was an Ovaltine advertisement.; just ask Ralphie.

at one point i felt like he put an eye out 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

It was the truth though. Anyone who doesn't agree with what was said in that statement has no business being in a leadership positions at DCI.

again...note I don't disagree. But where I work has a social media policy for anything I put on their approved social media sites created for me. So while my company has had some major #### ups in the last 8 years, if I were to go out there and trash the company for them, i'd be in violation of their social media rules, and could be subject to disciplinary actions up to and including termination.

Sure, it's the truth, but sometimes how and what you say makes all the difference in the world. if he said everything but the  bashing the former admin teams stuff, i'd bet it's a non issue. 

• Thanks 1

Arsenal just posted this explanation in a reply to a Reddit post on this subject:

"ArsenalDBC

Arsenal had been doing our due diligence with regards to the Open Class evaluation process. All of our documents were submitted on time, and we were planning to have a DCI representative at our February camp for our in-person evaluation. This suspension is the result of a breach of DCI's Media Policy caused by our former director, and has nothing to do with the financial or operational status of Arsenal Performing Arts."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Well, there's our explanation.

Still think it's a horrible call by DCI, but we have a clearer picture anyway.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

again...note I don't disagree. But where I work has a social media policy for anything I put on their approved social media sites created for me. So while my company has had some major #### ups in the last 8 years, if I were to go out there and trash the company for them, i'd be in violation of their social media rules, and could be subject to disciplinary actions up to and including termination.

Sure, it's the truth, but sometimes how and what you say makes all the difference in the world. if he said everything but the  bashing the former admin teams stuff, i'd bet it's a non issue. 

If DCI's social media policy forbids the condemnation of individuals who put kids at risk, then that social media policy is garbage and whoever is responsible for it needs to be fired.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

That’s crazy. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water. Sheesh. I suppose I could understand suspending the director (still seems dumb) but the entire corps? It just seems vindictive. I really want to hear DCI’s explanation.

Edited by year1buick
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

rejection of Arsenal’s application

They did not reject the application since Arsenal needed to early spring to complete. There was no application. Dci stopped the application process arbitrarily today. The timeline fits the directors' version of what he said occurred. He left the meeting excited, we all found out about OC Sunday afternoon. He went home and came up with the idea Monday he obviously did not pass his idea by anyone. He used Reddit to post his idea, landed here in a flash we all loved the idea. Then this. Now silence from dci Trying to explain this away now is putting lipstick on a pig until dci explains why a promising prospect needed to fold and innocent people lost money on prebooked flights and other lost revenues, why?

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

If DCI's social media policy forbids the condemnation of individuals who put kids at risk, then that social media policy is garbage and whoever is responsible for it needs to be fired.

Couldn't of said it better, as a relatively younger member this is highly concerning.  I age-out 2023 and I am already planning my coming summer with my corps but at this point, with the way DCI has been handling transparency I'm highly considering marching past 2019.

Honestly I find this very disappointing on DCI's behalf, the original Reddit post may have called out staff members who put their students at risk but I did not find it to be a rude or condescending tone.  This corps had a very promising future that DCI is ruining at this point.

Edited by Cascadia
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

However, I will have to admit I had some concerns about Arsenal’s post

Below is Arsenal's post: It's a heartfelt response to a real-world reality he does not even mention drum corps. Maybe he is not a dimbulb and is going right to the root of the problem within the HS he said students, not MM's. Dci should not put words in his mouth make assumptions they are the only abusers maybe other orgs really want to fix sexual harassment. There is no way someone on the Olympic Committee would be fired speaking healing words like this about Nassar. The G7 Corps named in the press should have done this and be closer to getting some positive press as The Cadets did. 

I want to share condolences on behalf of myself and Arsenal Performing Arts. As students, you placed your trust in adults and leaders who you believed worked in your best interest. These adults violated that trust and placed you in harm’s way, which is inexcusable. We, as directors and educators, demand that you give your all and work your hardest, and it is shameful that there are so many among us who do not likewise give their all to keep you healthy, happy and safe.