Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

3 hours ago, Galen said:

Well, there's our explanation.

Still think it's a horrible call by DCI, but we have a clearer picture anyway.

Killing flies with a cannon... no fly but everything else demolished too.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

Arsenal just posted this explanation in a reply to a Reddit post on this subject:

"ArsenalDBC

Arsenal had been doing our due diligence with regards to the Open Class evaluation process. All of our documents were submitted on time, and we were planning to have a DCI representative at our February camp for our in-person evaluation. This suspension is the result of a breach of DCI's Media Policy caused by our former director, and has nothing to do with the financial or operational status of Arsenal Performing Arts."

Thanks. This is a bit helpful.

I'm still open to the possibility that there is more to the story. And more doesn't have to mean the Arsenal director's perspective is wrong. Pretty frustrating, though, that DCI would take that action and tell Arsenal without having an accompanying statement or plan for communicating the decision.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stu said:

All you missed reading was an Ovaltine advertisement.; just ask Ralphie.

"A crummy commercial???? Son of a #####...."

I guess protecting Roman’s reputation (whatever it may be at this point....that horse left the barn a long time ago) is more important to Dan Acheson than some young energetic new drum corps with its future ahead of it. I think the job has gotten too big for Dan. This is yet another in a growing series of ham fisted performances. Speaking of performances, I will be speaking with my wallet this year. And it will be tightly shut, Dan. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

So if you are running or thinking is starting a sound sport corps would this make you think twice about it? Looks like you speak when tired or say something verboten you get chopped off at the knees. Seriously bust your butt for a few years and get shot down for apparently misspeaking?

DCI needs a release on this.. even if the true details reflect badly on DCI

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 6

6 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

If DCI's social media policy forbids the condemnation of individuals who put kids at risk, then that social media policy is garbage and whoever is responsible for it needs to be fired.

There’s ways to say things, and there’s one part of the statement I get why they dropped the hammer. They knew the rules when they applied. We live in a world where if people thought before they typed, we’d be in a much better place. 

I don’t disagree with what he said. But there’s a time and place and he chose to not follow that rule. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Thanks. This is a bit helpful.

I'm still open to the possibility that there is more to the story. And more doesn't have to mean the Arsenal director's perspective is wrong. Pretty frustrating, though, that DCI would take that action and tell Arsenal without having an accompanying statement or plan for communicating the decision.

Well communicating has never been DCIs forte 

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I guess protecting Roman’s reputation (whatever it may be at this point....that horse left the barn a long time ago) is more important to Dan Acheson than some young energetic new drum corps with its future ahead of it. I think the job has gotten too big for Dan. This is yet another in a growing series of ham fisted performances. Speaking of performances, I will be speaking with my wallet this year. And it will be tightly shut, Dan. 

My hunch is it’s more aimed at OC

7 hours ago, year1buick said:

That’s crazy. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water. Sheesh. I suppose I could understand suspending the director (still seems dumb) but the entire corps? It just seems vindictive. I really want to hear DCI’s explanation.

The director resigned.  Why deny the entire corps?  There’s is something fishy in Denmark. 

• Like 7