Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

52 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well...while a bad PR move, my hunch is Arsenal isn't a member, so nothing to comment on.

Were they suspended from Sound Sport? Is Sound Sport not worthy of respect. Not commenting is ignoring the collateral damage both mentally and financially to the Parents and MM's of one of their teams. Dci encouraged them to expand their camps beyond the maximum amount of members required for a Sound Sport Team. Then they get a bug up their butt and show the world that they don't think it is important enough to justify their actions, why? Who had it out for this guy he is a golden boy from Drexel, worked in a school district? This is political, a symbolic gesture that has inflicted pain on the survivors.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

There’s ways to say things, and there’s one part of the statement I get why they dropped the hammer. They knew the rules when they applied. We live in a world where if people thought before they typed, we’d be in a much better place. 

I don’t disagree with what he said. But there’s a time and place and he chose to not follow that rule. 

While true, the DCI HQ's imposed penalty for the apparent violation of DCI's " Media Policy " seems like overkill and extraordinarily harsh here, imo. It was the entire Organization that was penalized here as it was the ORGANIZATION'S application for consideration of Open Class Membership that had the brakes put on it. But for what ? An apparent few words on Social Media by the Corps young and ambitious  Director that really seems pretty innocuous to most people ? Ok, so perhaps in retrospect he might have posted his words a bit differently. He might even acknowledge that now. But his intent was to be helpful here, not harmful. Unless, he had violated some other DCI guidelines earlier on other occasions, perhaps DCI HQ could have given him a stern warning/ reminder of the DCI policy here, and not engage in what many are sensing as an excessive punitive penalty to an entire Organization for something that seems so comparatively minor to many. Maybe theres more to this story the public is not presently  aware of. Thats possible, perhaps even likely. But DCI's inability to communicate in a statement by now re. their action here with the Arsenal Drum Corps Organization, and reason why, only increases the public's frustration with DCI HQ, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, jimpjorps said:

They're a SoundSport member, and that's still under the DCI umbrella. 

while under the umbrella, that's not the same as a full member.

As I said a few posts ago, which has been roundly ignored, i'm getting feedback there is much more at play here and a statement is coming that will probably shed a lot of light on things

18 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

While true, the DCI HQ's imposed penalty for the apparent violation of DCI's " Media Policy " seems like overkill and extraordinarily harsh here, imo. It was the entire Organization that was penalized here as it was the ORGANIZATION'S application for consideration of Open Class Membership that had the brakes put on it. But for what ? An apparent few words on Social Media by the Corps young and ambitious  Director that really seems pretty innocuous to most people ? Ok, so perhaps in retrospect he might have posted his words a bit differently. He might even acknowledge that now. But his intent was to be helpful here, not harmful. Unless, he had violated some other DCI guidelines earlier on other occasions, perhaps DCI HQ could have given him a stern warning/ reminder of the DCI policy here, and not engage in what many are sensing as an excessive punitive penalty to an entire Organization for something that seems so comparatively minor to many. Maybe theres more to this story the public is not presently  aware of. Thats possible, maybe even likely. But DCI's inability to communicate in a statement re. their action, and reason why, only increases the public's frustration with DCI HQ, imo.

if what I am hearing about the forthcoming statement is true, it's far more than a social media post

• Like 1

Just now, Minimaster said:

Flo thought it was cool.

DCI apparently didn’t tell Flo Marching what the social media policy was because they posted about it.

Flo is their own company. They aren't bound by the rules governing DCI members or pending members

I see where Arsenal may go west as a Sound Sport Team in 2019. Once that is firmed up we decided to attend. Dci in their infinite wisdom just placed Arsenal on a pedestal for well deserved roaring crowds and tremendous ovations. The word will spread on these actions. The press, Reddit, Varsity Sports even The Medium who knows? if "Silence is Golden" or if there is such of thing as the "Sounds of Silence" dci may have banned the Wrong Song.

Then since I am usually disappointed with early shows anyway we will leave. Give our ticket stubs to needly fans rub off a little of our hand stamp and let them enjoy the show.

4 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Flo is their own company. They aren't bound by the rules governing DCI members or pending members

Flo has a close business relationship with DCI with event streaming and social media. They should be on the same page with this.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

if what I am hearing about the forthcoming statement is true, it's far more than a social media post

Hope DCI is clear about that if and when they release anything. Taking a black eye and for what reason?