Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

2 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Whatever you paid for that inside information, you deserve a full refund.

i didnt pay a dime. I feel a little misled and spoke my mind.

Anyone read Acheson's email?! I'm curious as to who was offended by Lotz's post as Acheson stated? Furthermore, Dan comes off extremely snide, condescending, and extremely unprofessional in his email. He's gotta go!!

• Like 3

When this first surfaced a few days ago, I thought it was a matter of a young director issuing an invitation that should have been worded differently and still conveyed the same message and a shell shocked DCI who has ignored certain rules coming down hard. This matter is more complicated than Arsenal violating protocol and DCI responding. It's coming across more as a clash of egos.

Some observations:

DCI issued a response to not approving Arsenal's application. It does state that DCI had the authority to do what it did, and reasons may be legitimate, but it is reasonable to believe it was not the best decision, especially in light of so much negative publicity for very legitimate reasons. DCI would have been on stronger footing accepting the application but privately giving warning about any future correspondence. Assuming that all other matters were in order, it's easier to work with people in the fold rather than saying come back in a year from now.

It's hard not to admire they chutzpa of a young, idealistic director who is not afraid to speak the truth, even if it is technically a violation of DCI rules, procedures and protocols. However before we go too far praising a maverick, we've also learned of the damage that directors who believe the rules do not apply to them has caused, and since last April we have one director who now is facing charges, two corps who will not be fielding a corps this summer due in no small part to the actions of the directors, and one who many believe should either resign or be removed.. They all believed the rules did not apply to them.

The invitation was extended to members of Oregon Crusaders and Pioneer. However, I don't think it would have yielded too many results. Being part of an Open Class corps beginning its competitive journey would be an interesting experience, but I'm not sure people who have marched with a  World Class corps would find it appealing. I'm not sure it would work geographically. I guess I also have questions regarding the board. When it was suggested there may have been other reasons the corps' application was not accepted, the board quickly responded by saying everything was in order and it was all due to the actions of the former director, which felt to me as if the board was throwing the director under the bus. Add to the mix Tricia Nadonly is promising  story and plans on getting the former director's version of things, it's not a bold speculation to say that DCI will not respond, and that will open another can of worms.

In the real world, a situation like this would be handled by giving some time for heads to cool, an arbitrator would be called in, and if warranted, a path forward would be planned. This could solve some of the issues without either side losing face, but getting an arbitrator in place would take time, which would be of essence. Sadly, that will not happen.

12 minutes ago, Tim K said:

When it was suggested there may have been other reasons the corps' application was not accepted, the board quickly responded by saying everything was in order and it was all due to the actions of the former director, which felt to me as if the board was throwing the director under the bus.

That was refuted.  Both Arsenal and DCI are saying that the reason for the application suspension was the social media post.

37 minutes ago, NSUMusician said:

Anyone read Acheson's email?! I'm curious as to who was offended by Lotz's post as Acheson stated? Furthermore, Dan comes off extremely snide, condescending, and extremely unprofessional in his email. He's gotta go!!

dan@dci.org

from LinkedIn

3 minutes ago, Minimaster said:

dan@dci.org

from LinkedIn

Or call his desk. That phone number is out there now!

2 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Hope this is still at home with the issues in this thread: Is DCI understaffed?

Certainly isn’t unusual for nonprofits to have fewer staff members than their missions or ambitions require. I’m still stuck on what would seem a relatively simple management practice of having your communications people tied into the decision-making process. So you inform privately,  announce in public, and tell your side of the story in a deliberate way nearly all at once.

Short staffed in PR and communications obviously 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

It's all hearsay no burden of proof just a way for them to weasel out duck their head in the sand. They forget there is a very astute press, other social sites on their tail. They are not using any of this mans heartfelt, healing words, who is dci kidding?

We all seen these same words at the beginning of this thread. They were received with rave reviews full of likes and quotes of the day. Not one poster on DCP took offense to the comments. Nobody picked up on anything disparaging and now some of the same posters are jumping all over this and defending dci, obviously w/o a mind of their own. We can add to the collateral damage exposing the shills dci placed them in a tough spot and some turned some on a dime. Perception is reality.

I’ve not defended them just explained what turned out to be their rationale. Big difference