Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

4 minutes ago, jimpjorps said:

They were on-track to Open Class enough to be making plans for a tour and wider recruitment this season, at least.  They seemed to have assurance that they would not have a hard time qualifying.

That’s good to know. Which after reading and seeing everything today, unless there’s more not made public, DCI’s governing structure is absolutely worthless. They are starting to make DCA appear well run

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I think we can all agree had Arsenal's director just offered reduced fees to Pio and OC members and left it at that none of this would have happened. It's called being a professional. I can agree that DCI hasn't handled the situation well but the Arsenal director should have known better. If anyone of us started to bad-mouth even a little bit our employers competitors IN THE NAME OF OUR EMPLOYER there would be a price to pay. We can argue about the price payed here if you'd like but some type of actions was required in this situation.

I’m generally in agreement but anymore dci can’t seem to do anything that smacks of good governance. 

• Like 3

Considering the mismanagement of sexual abuse and performer safety among its drum corps ranks, that timeline sounds exactly like what I'd expect from this organizational body. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I think we can all agree had Arsenal's director just offered reduced fees to Pio and OC members and left it at that none of this would have happened. It's called being a professional. I can agree that DCI hasn't handled the situation well but the Arsenal director should have known better. If anyone of us started to bad-mouth even a little bit our employers competitors IN THE NAME OF OUR EMPLOYER there would be a price to pay. We can argue about the price payed here if you'd like but some type of actions was required in this situation.

There would be consequences for an employee who makes disparaging remarks on social media, sure. However, I feel this is more akin to me bashing my competitors, and then all the competitors circle up and somehow are able to demand that my company be liquidated.  Both instances seem extreme given the transgression.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

He had the audacity to apologize on their behalf. Because they won’t do so themselves. Shame. 

Perhaps you’ve hit on something?

I imagine DCI doesn’t want to incriminate themselves with an apology that could be taken as culpability.  If someone did so I bet DCI would prefer they were not in a position to represent them.

Just now, Gizmit26 said:

There would be consequences for an employee who makes disparaging remarks on social media, sure. However, I feel this is more akin to me bashing my competitors, and then all the competitors circle up and somehow are able to demand that my company be liquidated.  Both instances seem extreme given the transgression.

How is Arsenal being liquidated? Don't conflate the issue with hyperbole.

1 minute ago, VoC said:

Perhaps you’ve hit on something?

I imagine DCI doesn’t want to incriminate themselves with an apology that could be taken as culpability.  If someone did so I bet DCI would prefer they were not in a position to represent them.

I'd agree here. As soon as DCI comes out and apologizes for their mismanagement of the situation the slip and fall attorney's network will go into action making sure DCI is sued into oblivion.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Except in 2010, two highly influential Corps Directors of 2 top tier DCI Corps in  a Powerpoint Presentation " disparaged "Open Class Corps enmasse by stating that ( their exact words ) " these Corps bring no real value to DCI ". They spoke on behalf of themselves and a few other their elite level DCI Corps at the time too.

DCI HQ sat on the sidelines and made no statement at all at the time about " the disparagement of other Corps ", and DCI HQ took no punitive action on either these two individuals, not on their Corps they were affiliated with. DCI Membership Corps themselves did convene an emergency meeting and voted in a new DCI Executive Board replacing these two... But DCI HQ themselves.took no action on any of it.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Except in 2010, two highly influential  Corps Directors of  2 top tier DCI Corps in a mutually put together Powerpoint Presentation " disparaged "Open Class Corps enmasse by stating that ( their exact words ) " these Corps bring no real value to DCI ". They spoke on behalf of themselves and their Corps at the time too.

DCI HQ sat on the sidelines and made no statement at all at the time about " the disparagement of other Corps ", and DCI HQ took no punitive action on either these two individuals, not on their Corps they were afiliated with. DCI Membership Corps did convene a meeting and voted in a new DCI Executive Board replacing these two... But DCI HQ.took no action on ity. They were silent on the matter.

Did this happen in public and on social media or was it during a DCI meeting amongst the membership? Those are two totally different situations.