Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

6 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

How is Arsenal being liquidated? Don't conflate the issue with hyperbole.

I said the punishments were "akin", not identical.

• Like 1

I see the tween social media warriors are out in force now with a petition to remove DA from DCI. We can discuss that option and there are certainly pro's and con's but on the petition if I may.....

I am continuously amused by those that think being a social media warrior in anyway will create change. They get on FB, Reddit, Twitter ect and complain and moan about a situation. Heck they may even click through to a petition and SIGN it. They then strut around after they have patted themselves on the back and proclaim that they did their part. BS. 99% of them are not willing or able to actually DO something or willing to invest the actual time and EFFORT that it would take to REALLY be a part of meaningful change. They want to sit behind their computer or phone and peck from the sidelines and then feel superior about the 'action' they took.

Kinda like I just did I guess....🤣

Anyway, carry on.

42 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I’m not sure I’m ready to agree Arsenal’s director violated anything. In my mind he was stating the obvious.

HockeyDad we all thought he was stating the obvious, nobody here thought any different. A fireable offense should be obvious to even us dimbulbs on DCP? Nobody wants to explain that? This thread reads better back to front, like everything about this it's upside down logic.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Did this happen in public and on social media or was it during a DCI meeting amongst the membership? Those are two totally different situations.

Seems to me a difference without a distinction. It originally was published in closed door, private meeting that was unauthorized by DCI HQ and without their knowledge ( that it itself was a violation of DCI policies at the time ). The "disparagement of Corps " then went public, and was on DCP and other social media at the time. DCI HQ took no action.

Also, if anyone thinks that no Corps Directors have spoken ill of other Corps in the newspapers, or on Social Media, or in public, before, they'd be mistaken.  What this Corps Director said about other Corps was pretty tame actually too, imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Just now, BRASSO said:

Seems to me a difference without a distinction. It originally was published in closed door, private meeting that was unauthorized by DCI HQ and without their knowledge ( that it itself was a violation of DCI policies at the time ). The "disparagement of Corps " then went public, and was on DCP and other social media at the time. DCI HQ took no action.

Also, if anyone thinks that no Corps Directors have spoken ill of other Corps in the newspapers, or on Social Media, or in public, before, they'd be mistaken.  What this Corps Director said about other Corps was pretty tame actually, imo

2010 is not 2018. That is all that really needs to be said about the situation.

21 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Except in 2010, two highly influential Corps Directors of 2 top tier DCI Corps in  a Powerpoint Presentation " disparaged "Open Class Corps enmasse by stating that ( their exact words ) " these Corps bring no real value to DCI ". They spoke on behalf of themselves and a few other their elite level DCI Corps at the time too.

DCI HQ sat on the sidelines and made no statement at all at the time about " the disparagement of other Corps ", and DCI HQ took no punitive action on either these two individuals, not on their Corps they were affiliated with. DCI Membership Corps themselves did convene an emergency meeting and voted in a new DCI Executive Board replacing these two... But DCI HQ themselves.took no action on any of it.

They didn’t have that rule then.

the defense is as the rules now state. That’s like if mods come back and suspend you for a post you made in 2010 based on the guidelines as they stand now. You can’t make rules retroactive 

21 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Did this happen in public and on social media or was it during a DCI meeting amongst the membership? Those are two totally different situations.

It was in meetings. Some lunkhead in DCp got a copy of the PowerPoint and made it public 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

2010 is not 2018. That is all that really needs to be said about the situation.

DCI HQ. had a Corps Director disparage an entire geographical region of the country on social media in 2017. DCI took no action on those social media remarks of his. Is 2017 recent enough for you ?

• Like 5

I'm still angered by the decision to take away the corps' evaluation. If you (DCI) don't like what a Director did, fine, I can get behind that, but leave the punishment with the Director. If the corps is still deemed fit to tour, there should be no reason to hold that process up.

If the organizing body deems it appropriate for a corps to still participate in the season when its Director is alleged to have been literally raping the corps' staff and former members, surely another corps can still be evaluated for to compete in open class when their Director posts something on social media, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1