Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

10 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yet, DCI HQ says it will have a strong whistleblower program in place for the future, where they'll be transparency, and people who speak the truth about sexual misconduct will not be threatened, nor be the recipients of harsh rebuke.

Well,  I guess we can all agree that this new  2018-2019 DCI stated  DCI policy of no recriminations for simply speaking the truth ( even about about already determined and verified misconduct ) is not off to a very good start now is it ?  

Keep thinking “we have a PR problem so don’t make it worse by saying anything “.

Seriously get the idea DCI thought things would be a lot easier once they had the policy down. The work is just starting but never thought they would stumble when someone mentioned what has happened. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

5 hours ago, ShamrockTuba said:

Up until now I've given DCI the benefit of the doubt that they were not being proactive, rather than assuming they were being malicious.

Now they've shown they can and will take action against corps that don't meet their standards. The only problem is that violations of the "media policy" are major issues but hiring sexual predators or discouraging members from using the whistleblower form are minor and not cause for concern.

I'm kind of tempted to go outside a show next summer and hand out papers detailing everything DCI has done wrong with links to the news articles about these things. Or go to the show wearing a shirt that says "Dan Acheson protects and enables predators". Maybe that would get the message across? Because all of the whistleblowers, news articles, and people complaining to DCI clearly hasn't.

How can you say that DCI sees the issues of OC and Pio as "minor and not cause for concern?"   Both of those corps are gone.

I would imagine the Troopers Board of Director's letter in response to the second attempted take over (2012 ?) would have gotten the Troopers permanently banned for disparaging others in today's DCI.  There were a few not so subtle shots in that letter, as I recall.

On 1/14/2019 at 6:53 PM, Jeff Ream said:

Bravo 

Do you still feel that way?

37 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

And you are speculating that they are not looking into it.

Again, not defending DCI here. Have you called DCI and asked if any action are going to be taken against Fred Morrison or have you just come here to DCP to complain and argue with people? 

No. I have not contacted DCI HQ to ask them what their response is to the Philly Inquirer report regarding one of their member Corps current Corps Director at the Crossmen. It seems they do not even respond  to the former Corps Director at Arsenal's emails/ phone calls on what they do. Given this, what chances do you think they'd give little ol me  anything besides a " no comment ", or a quick dial tone response on Fred Morrison, Spatzzz ?  I do observe you repeating yourself on here that you are " not defending DCI here ". You had me fooled there for a second. Glad you cleared that up a few times. Wouldn't want to think you are defending DCI here with these remarks.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

No. I have not contacted DCI HQ to ask them what their response is to the Philly Inquirer report regarding one of their member Corps current Corps Director at the Crossmen. It seems they do not even respond  to the former Corps Director at Arsenal's emails/ phone calls on what they do. Given this, what chances do you think they'd give little ol me  anything besides a " no comment ", or a quick dial tone response on Fred Morrison, Spatzzz ?  I do observe you repeating yourself on here that you are " not defending DCI here ". You had me fooled there for a second. Glad you cleared that up a few times. Wouldn't want to think you are defending DCI here with these remarks.

Got it. You like to complain but not actually do anything. Point taken.

Internet superhero is what we call people like you.

12 minutes ago, TwoValves said:

How can you say that DCI sees the issues of OC and Pio as "minor and not cause for concern?"   Both of those corps are gone.

Roughly half of the world class corps have employed music educators who were disciplined for misconduct with students. 2 were punished. One of them was primarily punished for other reasons.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

is not off to a very good start now is it ?  

Nice, you enlightened us to a conflict in policy. Is the old social media policy that raised it's ugly head to ruin dci day and the new dci rules in direct conflict? Thanks, BRASSO they certainly are. It makes any justification for their actions against Arsenal null & void since they used the old rules that gets folks fired for doing the things the new rules dictate. It is still time for their idiocracy to reverse itself and make this all go away. Before it's too late and this remains as a big thorn in their side forever.

37 minutes ago, Daave said:

I would imagine the Troopers Board of Director's letter in response to the second attempted take over (2012 ?) would have gotten the Troopers permanently banned for disparaging others in today's DCI.  There were a few not so subtle shots in that letter, as I recall.

Yes, but we are being told that since that was not 2018, its not the same.

DCI apparently allowed Corps Directors to speak openly and publically about things going on that disparaged  other Corps for... oh.. since 1972. But here in 2018, under the new censorship rules, Corps are being told its of "PARAMOUNT importance " not to speak badly about other Corps in public... or you'll be a goner. 

Next up in 2020... Corps told not to talk badly in public about DCI Judges, perhaps ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1