Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCI’s actions have been generally #### poor but anymore they’ve made themselves screwed no matter what they do. The sad part is their actions are usually the worst option

Even the apologists for DCI have to come around to the conclusion by now that Dan A. is incapable of navigating DCI through this tumultuous period of DCI.  Its not my call, or course,. but he appears to many to not know how to handle this period well  . He's  probably thinking "   I did not sign up for all this". It landed on his lap, but he looks distressed, maybe lost 40 lbs or more ? DCI needs to start anew with a person that knows how to work with the press when its advisable, and is someone not tied in long term work/ friendship relationships with some of the movers/ shakers in DCI Corps so much. Hard to imagine the apologists for DCI still believe that Dan A. is still the right person to right this ship. Do they want DCI to go potentially go down in flames thinking " " well, he was a good Captain " we still think ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

While we're at it...

What about Dave Eddleman, the Open Class Coordinator mentioned in Spenser Lotz's timeline post? Is he equally culpable for not allowing Arsenal to apply to Open Class for a relatively minor problem? 

I'm not necessarily saying Eddleman is guilty, I'm just wondering why we aren't speaking as much about him as we are Dan Acheson.

11 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

While we're at it...

What about Dave Eddleman, the Open Class Coordinator mentioned in Spenser Lotz's timeline post? Is he equally culpable for not allowing Arsenal to apply to Open Class for a relatively minor problem? 

I'm not necessarily saying Eddleman is guilty, I'm just wondering why we aren't speaking as much about him as we are Dan Acheson.

True. But Eddlemen, according to reports, was simply alerting Lotz of Acheson's decision. It was not Eddlemen's decision to withdraw the Corps upcoming evaluation ( as far as  I know, at the moment ). It was Acheson's decision. At least thats how I read the report on how it took place anyway.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

True. But Eddlemen, according to reports, was simply alerting Lotz of Acheson's decision. It was not Eddlemen's decision to withdraw the Corps upcoming evaluation ( as far as  I know, at the moment ). It was Acheson's decision. At least thats how I read the report on how it took place anyway.

That makes sense.

Don't shoot the messenger, as they say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwoValves said:

"Dan Acheson protects and enables predators".

May be a shirt with a big XCI would get the message across if enough people wore them, as a converstion piece.

2 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Have you called DCI and asked if any action are going to be taken against Fred Morrison

I have contacted Varsity Sports and let know what they are getting into. Lots of detail and they know to  watch their backs around these individuals especially Fred. I worry about them like they are MM its everyone for yourself in the friendly skies of DCI. How many DCP points do I get for that since your keeping tract?
Additionally, I am putting my thoughts together on a voided check so I can send them my donation. Looking to donate my tickets and cancel my FLO subscription. So no we just don't sit on DCP and complain, dci's issues are way beyond anything DCP can address.

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Like 1

I am not defending DCI in their decision to drop Arsenal from OC evaluation. At this juncture I now see it as a jump reaction and rather draconian. That said, did anyone else beside me catch this statement in the article: "Lotz said he had been unaware of DCI’s social media policy but acknowledged that his statement was in violation."  Whether or not any of us thinks the decision was draconian, or we point to something like OJ Simpson likely got away with murder due to his star status, an infraction did occur and was acknolodged as such by Lotz. He goes on to defend his Reddit posting, but even he admitted it defied DCI rules.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stu said:

I am not defending DCI in their decision to drop Arsenal from OC evaluation. At this juncture I now see it as a jump reaction and rather draconian. That said, did anyone else beside me catch this statement in the article: "Lotz said he had been unaware of DCI’s social media policy but acknowledged that his statement was in violation."  Whether or not any of us thinks the decision was draconian, or we point to something like OJ Simpson likely got away with murder due to his star status, an infraction did occur and was acknolodged as such by Lotz. He goes on to defend his Reddit posting, but even he admitted it defied DCI rules.

This is what I've been saying in a nutshell. Yes, you can argue DCI over-reacted but you can't argue that what the Arsenal director did wasn't wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

This is what I've been saying in a nutshell. Yes, you can argue DCI over-reacted but you can't argue that what the Arsenal director did wasn't wrong. 

I can. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by besson57
  • Like 1