Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

24 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

This is what I've been saying in a nutshell. Yes, you can argue DCI over-reacted but you can't argue that what the Arsenal director did wasn't wrong. 

I mean...”wrong” isn’t the right word. The most that can be said about it is that it was in clear violation of the rules. Splitting hairs here, but “wrong” has a meaning attached to it of immoral, but that IS an important hair to split, because most users seem to agree they did nothing morally “wrong” —- just violated a rule —- and most of the outrage seems to lie in the comparison of the swift discipline taken for this rule breaking vs an apparent lack of swiftness when situations were taking place that were ACTUALLY morally wrong. 

Sorry, semantics, I know, but I think it gets to the point of why everyone is so rightfully riled up.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Speaking of which, have you checked out your member reputation number lately 😛

Oh yea I have a bot that takes care of that. I am batting .402. a 667 + rating divded by1656 posts . Ironic some of my favorite critics are batting in the low 100's, go figure

Edited by Bluzes

13 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

I mean...”wrong” isn’t the right word. The most that can be said about it is that it was in clear violation of the rules. Splitting hairs here, but “wrong” has a meaning attached to it of immoral, but that IS an important hair to split, because most users seem to agree they did nothing morally “wrong” —- just violated a rule —- and most of the outrage seems to lie in the comparison of the swift discipline taken for this rule breaking vs an apparent lack of swiftness when situations were taking place that were ACTUALLY morally wrong. 

Sorry, semantics, I know, but I think it gets to the point of why everyone is so rightfully riled up.

I want to see his emails back to them

Spenser Lotz
10 hrs · 

Drum Corps International has released an official statement regarding Arsenal's suspension. The statement contains fraudulent claims regarding how DCI handled the situation.
The timeline is as follows:

January 14th
4:38pm: Receive email from Dave Eddleman, the Open Class Coordinator, notifying Arsenal of Suspension
6:11pm: I respond via email to Dave. I state that I am willing to take the post down, but ask for the terms of the suspension.
6:21pm Opting to move quicker than email, I call Dave. Dave instructs me to email Dan Acheson as he does not have the details to the suspension. We do not discuss removing the offending post.
8:13pm I email Dan Acheson, requesting the terms of the suspension.

January 15th
9:17:am: Having received no response, I email Dan Acheson again.
12:14pm: I call Dan Acheson's desk at DCI, having gotten his number from another DCI employee. I leave a message on his voicemail.
12:40pm: I receive an email response from Dan Acheson, notifying me of the policy I broke and declaring that Arsenal's 2019 OC application has been suspended, but that we can re-apply for 2020.
3:00pm: I formally issue my resignation.

January 16th:
11:21 pm: DCI issues an official statement regarding the suspension, in which they fraudulently claim that they "offered Arsenal an opportunity to correct the issue, but the organization's leadership chose not to discuss options for moving forward."

I want to clarify; at no point did DCI make such an offer. They did not discuss Arsenal issuing an apology, or removing the post. Although I initially stated that I would remove the post, I did not because I was looking for clarification from DCI and because I understood that removing the post at that point would be a meaningless gesture as it had already been shared over four different social media platforms by a variety of drum corps influencers.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

The most that can be said about it is that it was in clear violation of the rules

How could it be so clear since all of dci's most dedicated fans thought this was a good thing until the dci borg took them over. It was a knee jerk reaction that abused the rule and their power. They reacted out of emotion and shot themselves in the foot. Perception is Reality. This young man stood up to the bullies and set his moral compass way higher than any of the dimbulbs that executed this plan did. They made the wrong decision. DCi reacted out of spite and lost. Not putting any lipstick on this pig

Edited by Bluzes
typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

How could it be so clear since all of dci's most dedicated fans thought this was a good thing until the dci borg took them over.. It was a knee jerk reaction that abused the rule and their power. They reacted out of emotition and shot themselves in the foot. Perecption is Reaility. This young man stood to the bullies and set his moral compass higher than any of the dimbulbs that were made ever did. They made a worng decesion.. DCi reacted out of spite and lost. Not putting any lipstick on this pig.

fans thinking it's good and it violating the rules don't have to be in agreement.

Edited by Jeff Ream

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

fans thinking it's good and it violating the rules don't have to be in agreement.

The issue is WE all thought it was good. go back and read the first few posts. they were the only folks who took offense they were mad and let their emotions rule the day and it backfired. Nothing more. Where is the disagreement?

38 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

How could it be so clear...

The 2018 Drum Corps International Community Code of Conduct, Ethical Guidelines, and Expectations for Participating Organizations; Page 9; Section IX makes it clear.

If memory serves, what I find ironic is that I think you, Bluzes, have stated in a previous thread that you are 100% for companies invading the social media of people, and you are for the companies taking action concerning personal as well as professional postings they find offensive. And I think that you also stated that you even gave your employeer access to your wife's Facebook page in return for a promotion. Therefore you should be praising Dan for taking action about a social media posting that even the Arsenal Director believes clearly violates the official published code!

Edited by Stu