Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

The 2018 Drum Corps International Community Code of Conduct, Ethical Guidelines, and Expectations for Participating Organizations; Page 9; Section IX makes it clear.

Thats just fancy words on paper it's not clear at all. Let us give dci the benefit of doubt and believe dci had a thought process and contingency plans. Weighing out the possible internal and external collateral damage. It's called damage control of a Reddit post.

Option 1 reprimand the young Sound Sport director. Let the reddit post sink down the reddit rabbit hole and be gone. This thread would be a happy thread and I can drink my Blue Moons w/o question.

Option 2 risk everything run a sequel called dcihead- revisited in the national press. Put it out there for the school administers to see. Knowing that the GH trial will be all over the news soon. Cause monetary damage to folks they don't know and knock some kids out of dci. Lose a OC corps and ruin a young man that's only trying to help. 

Option 2 becomes the preferred method to handle this situation because a vague rule that has not been used in a while takes precedent and dci's moral compass does not allow anything else. Is this mic on is this mic working because they sure got it wrong and posters can see this clearly that this was the only option.And I am the one drinking?

Edited by Bluzes
typo

Just now, Stu said:

It just now hit me, I think that you are also the same poster who believes this about many other official documents; like those which founded a certain nation.

Until you get your batting average to a respectable level your batting in the low 100s you are relageted to the minors. They get to play on DCP only during the overnight after 2am.

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Until you get your batting average to a respectable level your batting in the low 100s you are relageted to the minors. They get to play on DCP only during the overnight after 2am.

And yet another... You blasted Jeff and I thinking that we played the popularity contest, even though we both stated we do not care one iota about those little greenies. Now you have multiple times in this thread pointed to your own popularity ratio. :doh:

Where are the other corps  leaders? They don't care about this? Do they think this is the correct thing for DCI to do? Protecting themselves? Circling the wagons?

Who is going to demand that the kids are treated correctly in this activity? They are being physically abused and sexually abused. And the adults that can stop it don't care.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

This is what I've been saying in a nutshell. Yes, you can argue DCI over-reacted but you can't argue that what the Arsenal director did wasn't wrong. 

What Aresenal director did wasn’t wrong. He spoke some pretty obvious truth. If not, please point out to me the portions that were factually incorrect. So now, because he spoke disparagingly of sexual harassers and abusers of MMs, he gets tossed. Just insanely horrible optics on the part of Dan Acheson. There must be a bunker mentality going on at DCI right now. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 6

If SoundSport is a part of DCI, why wouldn't the media policies be the same for it?  Some things don't make sense here.  Yes, they may have posted and said some things in a way they shouldn't have which might have broke the rules (even though they had good intensions), but the way this is/has been handled seems odd all around.

maybe they are just making an example out of them to show they mean business in other aspects regarding the topics in the media lately

Edited by dcibrando
  • Thanks 1