Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

33 minutes ago, Spartans87 said:

I see what you did there.

But you don't see anything that pushes me to find a way to poke fun at this abuse. Don't read my posts unless you are a mover and shaker from dci that comes here once in a while then my posts are not directed at you. Stop poking a stick at me and I will respond in kind, it's that simple

5 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

If me going off the rails is why threads are closed is pathetic. You and I and everyone on DCP think this is important. The folks that don't think this is important is DCI. If folks stop attaching me personally I will react in kind and have proved that's what I am about. If bulling me is the reason threads are closed stop bullying me. It's not up to me to make folks grow up they put the target n my back and they know how to fix it, not me.

I’m sorry that you’ve come to Drum Corps Planet for validation from strangers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

If me going off the rails is why threads are closed is pathetic. You and I and everyone on DCP think this is important. The folks that don't think this is important is DCI. If folks stop attaching me personally I will react in kind and have proved that's what I am about. If bulling me is the reason threads are closed stop bullying me. It's not up to me to make folks grow up they put the target n my back and they know how to fix it, not me.

Important yes

discussed on the correct thread topic no

what closes threads is the second one

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m sorry that you’ve come to Drum Corps Planet for validation from strangers. 

Why do you care why I come here. I don't need anyone feeling sorry for me. It's the activity we love that we need to be sorry for. 

35 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

And honestly, who cares?  I don’t know what score I have.  Most people on here are anonymous and they would probably hesitate to be as rude face-to-face as they are here.  

I cannot be rude to you Terri; and whoever is will run into a stu session with Stu!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:
Spenser Lotz
10 hrs · 

Drum Corps International has released an official statement regarding Arsenal's suspension. The statement contains fraudulent claims regarding how DCI handled the situation.
The timeline is as follows:

January 14th
4:38pm: Receive email from Dave Eddleman, the Open Class Coordinator, notifying Arsenal of Suspension
6:11pm: I respond via email to Dave. I state that I am willing to take the post down, but ask for the terms of the suspension.
6:21pm Opting to move quicker than email, I call Dave. Dave instructs me to email Dan Acheson as he does not have the details to the suspension. We do not discuss removing the offending post.
8:13pm I email Dan Acheson, requesting the terms of the suspension.

January 15th
9:17:am: Having received no response, I email Dan Acheson again.
12:14pm: I call Dan Acheson's desk at DCI, having gotten his number from another DCI employee. I leave a message on his voicemail.
12:40pm: I receive an email response from Dan Acheson, notifying me of the policy I broke and declaring that Arsenal's 2019 OC application has been suspended, but that we can re-apply for 2020.
3:00pm: I formally issue my resignation.

January 16th:
11:21 pm: DCI issues an official statement regarding the suspension, in which they fraudulently claim that they "offered Arsenal an opportunity to correct the issue, but the organization's leadership chose not to discuss options for moving forward."

I want to clarify; at no point did DCI make such an offer. They did not discuss Arsenal issuing an apology, or removing the post. Although I initially stated that I would remove the post, I did not because I was looking for clarification from DCI and because I understood that removing the post at that point would be a meaningless gesture as it had already been shared over four different social media platforms by a variety of drum corps influencers.

If this timeline is accurate, then DCI looks really bad.

Also, given that the Arsenal employee who broke the rule no longer works for the corps, shouldn't DCI consider reinstating their application? I mean, he was gone within 24 hrs. of DCI notifying the corps of the infraction.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

I cannot be rude to you Terri; and whoever is will run into a stu session with Stu!!!

giphy.gif

• Haha 2