Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

So, does Dan Acheson actually need to provide any specific reason to delay evaluation of an aspiring corps. Could this not simply be his preference, for reasons only clear to him? 

I say, he does not. Maybe just a “I’d rather not deal with this in 2019, perhaps next year” will suffice.

Edited by Fred Windish

22 minutes ago, Stu said:

True in that the official withdrawl was not based on finances. However, the evaluation was also not complete and was still in the middle of the process. DCI was set to attend a camp to further evaluation. We do not know if the financial status had yet been evaluated. Here is a quote from the Arsenal Directors's resignation letter which may point to something that had yet to be discovered by the DCI evaluation process: " I will support the Arsenal Board of Directors moving forward, and will help them to either find a new director to take my place, or to sell Arsenal’s assets to cover the organization’s debts prior to dissolution." if they are in need to sell asets to cover debts that is a red flag.

The context of that remark was that, in the event the corps elects to fold, asset liquidation would be a method employed to resolve all remaining unpaid bills (debts) of the corps... like in any case where an organization run by responsible adults folds.

How dare you imply THAT is a "red flag".

8 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

So, does Dan Acheson actually need to provide any specific reason to delay evaluation of an aspiring corps. Could this not simply be his preference, for reasons only clear to him? 

I say, he does not. Maybe just a “I’d rather not deal with this in 2019, perhaps next year” will suffice.

Dan was specific; he stated that the leadership of Arsenal violated the social media policy; even the Arsenal Director agreed that the policy was violated.

Edited by Stu
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

this

Exactly by me sitting here and calling for Fred's head so I can add it to my drum corps memorabilia is selfish. How do I know what it would take for the Crossmen to make that happen? By now with all the focus that was placed on Fred, I am sure he has done a lot of soul searching and does not pose any kind of real threat to the MM's. The MM's that are there now don't seem threatened and post in his favor. So for me to feel better The Crossmen needs to go inactive for 2019, that is not what I wanted. Without the full picture of the ramifications I do not know what I want but the last thing I want is not to have the Crossmen, even though I may think that way when my emotions are controlling my posts, I don't really want that.dci didn't want this to backfire in their face it's what happens when emotions rule the day you make bad posts or big blunders that backfire here on DCP or The Press.

Edited by Bluzes
typo

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

The context of that remark was that, in the event the corps elects to fold, asset liquidation would be a method employed to resolve all remaining unpaid bills (debts) of the corps... like in any case where an organization run by responsible adults folds.

How dare you imply THAT is a "red flag".

But again DCI was in the middle of evaluation and might not have been through the books yet. If a corps uses membership dues as a partial means of revenue that is fine; but if a corps is in need of liquidating assets to pay off debt upon dissolution that shows a corps which was likely 'relying on member dues as the primary source of revenue'. And it is the various corps that do that which end up folding, putting kids and parents into a lurch, and the types of corps in which DCI is attempting to keep from climbing into higher classifications.

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

But again DCI was in the middle of evaluation and might not have been through the books yet. If a corps uses membership dues as a partial means of revenue that is fine; but if a corps is in need of liquidating assets to pay off debt upon dissolution that shows a corps which was likely 'relying on member dues as the primary source of revenue'. And it is the various corps that do that which end up folding, putting kids and parents into a lurch, and the types of corps in which DCI is attempting to keep from climbing into higher classifications.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I read somewhere that the evaluation hadn't even begun when this all went down? Doesn't that mean people are getting bent out of shape over DCI's actions, even though this group in theory isn't even under the DCI umbrella?

41 minutes ago, Stu said:

True in that the official withdrawl was not based on finances. However, the evaluation was also not complete and was still in the middle of the process. DCI was set to attend a camp to further evaluation. We do not know if the financial status had yet been evaluated. Here is a quote from the Arsenal Directors's resignation letter which may point to something that had yet to be discovered by the DCI evaluation process: " I will support the Arsenal Board of Directors moving forward, and will help them to either find a new director to take my place, or to sell Arsenal’s assets to cover the organization’s debts prior to dissolution." if they are in need to sell asets to cover debts that is a red flag.

Is that really a red flag?  Don't most all businesses have debts that are secured by their assets?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Then he needs to fire his lawyer his whole PR department what does that have to do with anything. Dan is the face of dci. Dci placed their fate is in the hands of the press and it's not going well. Defending Dan does not help to fix the issue? What's the point in that, Dan does not need cheerleaders or excuse makers, he needs an action plan to overcome the obstacles.  

I’ve said the lawyers and PR have not been good for a few years now. 

And im not defending Dan, not sure where you got that

7 minutes ago, dcibrando said:

but then says they can do SoundSport... which is still DCI....so...  ?

The structure of Soundsport is vastly different than the OC and WC. One of the things it is designed for is to allow corps starting out to learn from different experiences; including experiences via error in young leadership judgement. Not defending Dan here, but in that light Dan was being altrustic.