Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

25 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

No, he said he would help them sell stuff.  Drum corps equipment does not sell itself.  Someone has to take inventory, put the word out, find prospective buyers, close purchase agreements, ship or deliver the items, etc.  The implication was that if a corps opts to dissolve, that is what they do with their assets.

He in fact said (to pay off debt). Again here is a direct quote: "I will support the Arsenal Board of Directors moving forward, and will help them to either find a new director to take my place, or to sell Arsenal’s assets to cover the organization’s debts prior to dissolution."

26 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

This is in no way shape or form a problem exclusive to DCI.

So true there are three elephants in the room.

1 these individuals used their influence to use social media to groom the survivors while working for some of the same schools that dci uses for the tour. dci needs the schools so they can't say well they came from your schools so you enabled this to occur in the first place.

2 these individuals duck under your radar right now. How was dci to know? That is being addressed but will take time for these databases to become available to dci.

3 Even with the best efforts of the schools & dci some individuals will use electronic means to hide their misdeeds and get hired anyway.

This is not insurmountable but it takes all involved totally focused on health & safety. Dci is putting out a real effort and totally understands the issues. It's a shame the focus in the Press dregs up this stuff because dci is all over it going forward.

Right now dci needs someone to handle damage control that can look past the spur of the moment tirades from powerful people on the BOD or G7 corps directions. Lays out an action plan that minimizes the damages and not take actions that dreg up all the past to get rid of a simple Reddit post.

Edited by Bluzes

4 hours ago, dcibrando said:

noticed a well known percussion staff member in the activity just called out Dan on fb asking him what he and DCI are doing and that the world is watching

"Judges are you watching?"

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I don't do Twitter (evil government plot to pollute our Precious Bodily Fluids.  But that's not important right now.)

Facebook is worse, but mostly because more people use it and more people reveal personal information on it, both of which make it more valuable to bad actors.

But that's not important right now.

29 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

One person’s “disparaging public statements” is another person’s “stating the obvious”.  For those of you good people who still feel Arsenal’s director “clearly” violated that rule, well, I still disagree. This rule is just as vague and arbitrary as the rest of their rules. If only Dan was as quick to deal with the harassers and enablers in dci as he is in dealing with a guy criticizing the harassers, things would be a lot better. 

It is fine to make those statements as an individual espousing personal beliefs. However, (when typing in the mode of being an official director of an organization) the speech of that person should and must be regulated by that organization and the organization's governing body.

Edited by Stu

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Great Tricia nicely asks for an interview and she gets a cowardly statement thrown in her face. New boss just like the old boss see what full disclosure, transparency really means. Is this an example of dci's strict rules on how all this really works when it comes to them?

actually that's more of an answer than she usually got

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Hypothetical: Let's say you work for Exxon. You go out on social media and blast the energy companies on climate change and how the whole sector of energy production is to blame. You sign you name and your title and company name to said post. Many people will applaud you for you "speaking truth to power" but Exxon will still, and rightfully so, can your butt in about 5 minutes flat if not sooner.

You are living in a fantasy world if you think otherwise.

You are talking about what would happen. I am talking about what should happen. Dan blundered big time (IMO). Did he not consider the optics here?  It’s a new time. Information moves fast. It’s time for Dan to step aside and let a new energetic generation step in. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stu said:

He in fact said (to pay off debt). Again here is a direct quote: "I will support the Arsenal Board of Directors moving forward, and will help them to either find a new director to take my place, or to sell Arsenal’s assets to cover the organization’s debts prior to dissolution."

Yes, "debts prior to dissolution".  Thanks for proving my point.

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

It is fine to make those statements as an individual espousing personal beliefs. However, (when typing in the mode of being an official diretcor of an organization) the speech of that person should and must be regulated by that organization and the organization's governing body.

Okay then I’ll await the firing of the well known percussion staff member mentioned above. These organizations must be consistent you know. 

• Haha 1

Just now, cixelsyd said:

Yes, "debts prior to dissolution".  Thanks for proving my point.

No that does not prove your point. If they are in debt prior to dissolution they would in fact be in debt while the corps is active. If they were not in debt at the point of desolving they would not have to sell assets to pay off debt. Get it now?