Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

22 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Maybe he posted as both persons.....at the same time!!!!!!!

What happens then?

I went back and read his posting. He did start with the words 'on behalf of myself' but then added 'and Arsenal Performing Arts'. Then he proceded to post the rest with the authority of being a leader of the organization. Therefore throughout the entire post he was an official representative of Arsenal not just an individual providing personal opinion. What happens then? He faces the coniquences of his actions.

Edited by Stu

26 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Look, you can parse this as much as you like. It doesn’t change my view that Arsenal director didn’t do anything inappropriate. 

Once he established himself as the director of a corps which was part of DCI, and posted as such, DCI then had the authority to admonish him as they see fit according to the DCI code manual. It matters not whether you, nor I, think what he said was appropriate.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Sometimes that means downsizing.

Nailed it. The way it's going with the MMs just as outraged as DCP today. The downsizing will be forced on dci by the MMs. They hold dci's future in their hands. nothing else matters. I side with them.

1 minute ago, Bluzes said:

Nailed it. The way it's going with the MMs just as outraged as DCP today. The downsizing will be forced on dci by the MMs. They hold dci's future in their hands. nothing else matters. I side with them.

Dude I was stating this in the context of the ebb and flow of economics, sometimes downsizing in order to stay financially solvent. You have not nailed anything except taking my words way out if context.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Stu said:

I went back and read his posting. He did start with the words 'on behalf of myself' but then added 'and Arsenal Performing Arts'. Then he proceded to post the rest with the authority of being a leader of the organization. Therefore throughout the entire post he was an official representative of Arsenal not just an individual providing personal opinion. What happens then? He faces the coniquences of his actions.

Wrong!  What happened next was Dan had himself a little hissy fit because some kid was messing with his sandbox. Then Dan did the dumbest thing that could have been done and kicked him out. And THIS is the person they chose to lead dci. 😠

Oh and I almost forgot to add that what Dan did next was to bold face lie that he gave the Arsenal director “options”.  I’m sure Dan violated a dci rule there. Why is he not given the boot?

• Thanks 3

You just can't make this stuff up. Sicken what is happening and being ALLOWED to happen) to our beloved activity. Just sickening.

35 minutes ago, Stu said:

Once he established himself as the director of a corps which was part of DCI, and posted as such, DCI then had the authority to admonish him as they see fit according to the DCI code manual. It matters not whether you, nor I, think what he said was appropriate.

Key words: "as they see fit".

And their judgment call may (or may not) have been the wrong one. Just because you have the right to make a certain decision doesn't mean you should.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stu said:

Dude I was stating this in the context of the ebb and flow of economics, sometimes downsizing in order to stay financially solvent. You have not nailed anything except taking my words way out if context.

I am trying

21 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Why is he not given the boot?

It's his boot he's not giving it to anybody.

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

The intent of SL was certainly not to be harmful here, but helpful to parents/marchers.

I like this interpretation of his message. He felt it was necessary to acknowledge the obvious to prospective members and parents: he knows they've been let down before, and he wants to reassure them that he won't do the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1