Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

6 hours ago, MikeD said:

I've been wondering, and maybe...probably....I am all wet on this.

If Oregon is not fielding a corps, and Pioneer was kicked out, just what DCI corps the he disparage?

OC is still technically a DCI member, even if not fielding this year, just as Troopers were when they took 2006 off

2 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Yes, based on the evidence we've seen, this feels to me like going to jail for 30 days for jaywalking.

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Wrong!  What happened next was Dan had himself a little hissy fit because some kid was messing with his sandbox. Then Dan did the dumbest thing that could have been done and kicked him out. And THIS is the person they chose to lead dci. 😠

Oh and I almost forgot to add that what Dan did next was to bold face lie that he gave the Arsenal director “options”.  I’m sure Dan violated a dci rule there. Why is he not given the boot?

well...yes and no.

the summation of the post and why it violated DCI's social media rules are 00% spot on. I agree with what he said, but in hindsight and after reading the DCI rule, he broke it, and admitted it.

I do think Dan et al could have handled it better, and less heavy handed, but DCi continues to hop from crisis to article to explosion online with no coherent strategy. They need someone in their with experience in crisis management and someone with real world PR experience.

20 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Dan did not kill Arsenal; he suspended their application for Open class until next season;

Its way too early to determine Dan Acheson's effects on this Drum Corps. The punitive action here may have indeed mortally wounded this Drum Corps future quest of its stated goal of attaining Open Class status in DCI.  The heavy handed hammer that was dropped on the Arsenal Organization by DCI HQ might just have been a crushing blow that hurts recruiting, donations, branding, etc there..  I believe its entirely likely now that Arsenal will never attain Open Class Status in the future, now that its young and ambitious Founder and Corps Director was essentially " killed off " by DCI HQ this week, MikeD.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Wrong!  What happened next was Dan had himself a little hissy fit because some kid was messing with his sandbox. Then Dan did the dumbest thing that could have been done and kicked him out. And THIS is the person they chose to lead dci. 😠

Oh and I almost forgot to add that what Dan did next was to bold face lie that he gave the Arsenal director “options”.  I’m sure Dan violated a dci rule there. Why is he not given the boot?

oh and Dan wasn't given the boot because the board seems to want him there. It's not like he has unlimited power. He serves at the Boards pleasure.

The problem is the board itself needs overhauled

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bluzes said:

It's his boot he's not giving it to anybody.

Dan only has the power the board lets him have. 

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Since you used the sandbox terminology in that aspect DCI is like DCP. It is the Mods sandbox here not ours. We are the kids invited in to play, and they own both the sand and the box. No mater if we disagree with their decisions or not the Mods can shut us down, shut us up, suspend us if they determine we violated their policy; all because we are playing in their sandbox. And Arsenal wants to be a kid playing in the DCI sandbox. You think Dan threw a hissy fit; well it is his box to thow the fit in not the director of Arsenal.

actually for those of us that moderate here or on the Facebook page...it's John D's sandbox. he trusts (????) us to enforce the rules. Mods have been suspended in the past.

• Like 1

Just now, BRASSO said:

Its way too early to determine Dan Acheson's effects on this Drum Corps. The punitive action may have indeed mortally wounded this Drum Corps future quest of its stated goal of attaining Open Class status in DCI.  The heavy handed hammer  dropped on Arsenal Organization bYby DCI might just have been a crushing blow that hurts recruiting, donations, branding, etc..  I think its entirely possible now that Arsenal will never attain Open Class Status, now that its Founder and Corps Director was essentially " killed off " by DCI HQ.

That is certainly a possibility. As I stated in a different post, I probably would not have made the decision Dan made, but even the Arsenal director stated that he broke the rules. We can't really have it both ways. We want DCI to act, unless we don't want them to act. We raise holy heck when they do nothing, and we raise it when they do something, because it is not in line with our wishes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Did they release a statement?

haven't seen one yet. after the Arsenal statement and not being what i was led to believe would be far better than what we got, i didn't bother to ask anyone

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

What he could have done is highlight the good things his group is doing along these lines, without actually disparaging other groups. Don't forget, he himself noted he violated the policy once he saw it.

correct. look i get what he said and why he said it, and in many ways i don't blame him. But i get the rule. 

I also he realizes he is trying to sell his corps to kids. and as I am in sales, i don't gain customers bashing others, even if what i'd say was true. I get sales by delivering a good product

• Like 1