Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

11 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

But how about reports in the Press that a current DCI Director payed a firm to bury his past sexual deeds with minors ?  Do we want DCI to not even have even a statement regarding this allegation that was published in a large city newspaper ? 

No, IMO DCI would be crazy to respond to an unproven anonymous allegation that was noted in one single article. I've been suspicious of that one since I first read it. Just MHO.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Stu said:

, I choose to stand by Dan 

Thats fine. You are not alone in this either.

I think its overdue now that he step down, or be removed. I do not "stand by him" any longer. But of course, its neither one of us's decision..

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MikeD said:

No, IMO DCI would be crazy to respond to an unproven anonymous allegation that was noted in one single article. I've been suspicious of that one since I first read it. Just MHO.

Unfortunately, an unresponded to allegation in a major city newspaper gives added life to it, imo. DCI should have at least offered up a denial that this happened. DCI HQ  could have stated that to the reporter and/ or put out a press release statement that" we looked into the matter and found no evidence of wrongdoing with this", or some such. DCI HQ had put out previous denials of knowledge of things before in what the Press uncovered, MikeD.

Also, why are you " suspicious " that the reporter's sources ( 2 ) with this allegation re. Fred Morrison is apparently bogus, in your opinion ? You disbelieve her account on what she found in her investigatory report, MikeD ? That maybe the reporter just made up the story re. Morrison, or that she had no sources ? or her sources are lying ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Thats fine. You are not alone in this either.

I think its overdue now that he step down, or be removed. I do not "stand by him" any longer. But of course, its neither one of us's decision..

But it is the reason(s) I stand by him that I want to make clear. While he is fallible, and likely came down too hard on Arsanal, I have seen Dan shine in person, especially when he was receiving the vitriol from GH and the G7. He stood firm jawed against them and I personally saw the fire from the eyes of GH toward Dan. So he may have just brought a hammer down too hard; but Arsenal is still invited to be in SoundSport and still invited to reapply to the OC. Moreover, some here are crying foul that he has not treated The Crossmen like he did Arsenal. But he still does not have that power, that still resides in the voting body. He is going throgh the fire of trial and error in this new age for DCI, but he is and does look out for the the safety of the kids and for the respectful interaction amongst the corps.

Edited by Stu

50 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Lotz can't sue, he himself admitted he broke the rule.

Hindsight is 20 / 20. He didn't purposely break the rule. He is being honest standing up like the fine young man he is. That helps him placing the focus on dci to prove he was trained properly. This man carries himself very well. if dci wants to create another David that takes down Goliath they got their man. This isn't over yet these folks from New Mexico were harmed you can't explain that away they have rights.

9 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Hindsight is 20 / 20. He didn't purposely break the rule.

I tried using that excuse in grade school; and I seriously did not know the rules. Know what I got? The paddle! And I got it again at home for not only breaking the rules but for attemtipng to use such a lame excuse.

Edited by Stu

23 minutes ago, Stu said:

tried using that excuse in grade scool. Know what I got? The paddle! And I got it again at home for not only break8ng the rules but for attemtipng to use such a lame excuse

Did they hit you on the head:lol:    The not been trained properly issue has cost a lot of companies big bucks there is no denying that? The case is forming already using the term fraudulent admitting he broke the rule all of this is his favor. dci harmed a lot of faceless people for a symbolic gesture the folks in New Mexico are no dummies Maybe lawyers themselves. they don't throw money away they defend themselves. Now the proper thing to do is disregard all this and make me look stupid. 

Edited by Bluzes
typo

3 hours ago, Bluzes said:

dci harmed a lot of faceless people for a symbolic gesture the folks in New Mexico are no dummies Maybe lawyers themselves.

Hola!  Point of Order:  The Chair of DCI BOD lives in Albuquerque, is an Attorney and a former MM of the Guardsmen.  Just a SWAG but I wonder whether there was not other local intelligence information considered in the Arsenal decision.  I looked at Arsenals BOD Bio's and their proposed 2019 Instructional Staff Bio's, but am not a person knowledgeable enough to make any judgment, worth a look though. 

1 hour ago, DCVNVET said:

Hola!  Point of Order:  The Chair of DCI BOD lives in Albuquerque, is an Attorney and a former MM of the Guardsmen.  Just a SWAG but I wonder whether there was not other local intelligence information considered in the Arsenal decision.  I looked at Arsenals BOD Bio's and their proposed 2019 Instructional Staff Bio's, but am not a person knowledgeable enough to make any judgment, worth a look though. 

Your post is the essence of some discontent being expressed here!  Thank you.

My belief remains, there is more going on here than one (much discussed) post from this aspiring corps director. It’s entirely possible there were many other contacts made by this individual that caused some pause in Dan Acheson and others. We can’t expect to know everything from the past. Besides, no justification for delaying the application process for any group is required. There is no statutory right to due process here.  A simple determination that it is “better to delay this one” is enough. So, “Come back another time” is acceptable, I think.

The significance of this single matter is being overcharged at a time of hypersensitivity within the activity.

(Don’t burn the house down because the roof leaks)

Edited by Fred Windish
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

Hypothetical: Let's say you work for Exxon. You go out on social media and blast the energy companies on climate change and how the whole sector of energy production is to blame. You sign you name and your title and company name to said post. Many people will applaud you for you "speaking truth to power" but Exxon will still, and rightfully so, can your butt in about 5 minutes flat if not sooner.

Sure.  But will Oil Companies International punish all of Exxon by suspending their application to move to open class in 2019?