Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

16 hours ago, MikeD said:

To be accurate, Arsenal is still free to participate as they have up to now, as a Soundsport group if they so choose. They can be re-evaluated for Open class after the 2019 season. 

If they weren't a DCI member corps yet, why would the DCI social media policy apply? Allowing them to continue to do SoundSport just makes their evaluation cancellation look like a spiteful act. 

5 minutes ago, frachel said:

If they weren't a DCI member corps yet, why would the DCI social media policy apply? Allowing them to continue to do SoundSport just makes their evaluation cancellation look like a spiteful act. 

They still are part of DCI as a Soundsport ensemble, and they are looking to move to become an Open class participant. The News article on dci.org says "Strict adherence to all DCI policies and procedures is also a requirement for membership consideration:. 

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

I do not believe the reporter made it up. She had no reason to do such a thing. I'm sure she was told that by someone. Can you point at two (2) sources? It is a while back, and I only recall it as being a singular person telling her. 

There were 2 sources for her allegation that Fred Morrison, current Corps Director of the Crossmen ( and former DCI BOD member ) paid a firm to bury Mooney's past sex offenses with minors. Reporters, by practice, tend to want at least 2 sources to confirm what they have been told. Editors especially. The reporter cited one of the sources stating that they  ( quote) " saw a receipt in the office for the payment ". Presumably, it would appear that one of these 2 sources at least might have been someone within the Crossmen Organization itself. Otherwise, its unclear how such a person would have access to both the Corps office, nor be in a position to view such an alleged receipt for alleged payoffs to (  printed words from the reporter ) " bury the guys past ".

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

There were 2 sources for her allegation that Fred Morrison paid a firm to bury Mooney's past sex offenses with minors. The reporter cited one of the sources stating that they  ( quote) " saw a receipt in the office for the payment ". Presumably, it would appear that one of these 2 sources at least might have been someone within the Crossmen Organization itself. Otherwise, its unclear how such a person would have access to both the Corps office, nor be in a position to view such an alleged receipt for alleged payoffs to (  printed words from the reporter ) " bury the guys past ".

I'll have to try and see where there were two, but I have trouble with philly.com. It keeps saying I reached my limit for the month, even though I have not read anything. I can acess from my iPhone.

"Bury the guys past" is the reporter's wording. First, it did not work, since when you look up the guy you see stuff. Also, it doesn't change the official record, just online searches from 3rd party engines, though it does not really do that well either.   

1 minute ago, MikeD said:

I'll have to try and see where there were two,    

MikeD. I believe the article may still be linked here on DCP on a thread. Not sure. You can go check, to confirm what I just told you.

7 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I'll have to try and see where there were two, but I have trouble with philly.com. It keeps saying I reached my limit for the month, even though I have not read anything. I can acess from my iPhone.

"Bury the guys past" is the reporter's wording. First, it did not work, since when you look up the guy you see stuff. Also, it doesn't change the official record, just online searches from 3rd party engines, though it does not really do that well either.   

The article does say, "according to two people told about the tactic, one of whom saw a receipt for the service in the corps office".

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, MikeD said:

"Bury the guys past" is the reporter's wording.   

True. Thats where a reader's assessment of her claim can be either accepted or rejected.

This reporter is unconnected to Drum Corps through affiliation, participation, interest, etc. I find her reporting.. so far... to be thorough, professional, and detailed. At the moment, I find her investigatory reporting credible. Her revelations are disturbing, and DCI's responses, inadequate, incomplete, and frankly not as credible. DCI has much work to do to turn this all around, imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

The article does say, "according to two people told about the tactic, one of whom saw a receipt for the service in the corps office".

Yes, thats how I recall reading it too at the time.

10 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

So why are you debating with me in the first place?

I'm not denying that. No one here is confused as to how on Earth Dan Acheson was able to get away with such trickery. We get it. That doesn't make his actions right.

You're essentially implying that social media has no power... which is a pretty silly idea in 2019, all things considered.

"#####ing on here, facebook, twitter, reddit" can indeed lead to real change in the long run. Nobody ever changed anything by sitting quietly and doing as they were told.

"right" and rules aren't always in lockstep when it comes to armchair quarterbacks on drum corps chat forums

and no i am not implying social media has no power in general. But tell me when social media has once influenced DCI? Don't say recaps, because their own staff members and directors #### all over that decision and abused it all summer themselves.

DCI finds itself in a position where for the first time EVER, they are being held accountable for not only having rules, but actually enforcing them. To go back on their original decision now kills their credibility

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BRASSO said:

DCI acts swiftly on some things, and drags its feet on other things. Even the Press picked up on that observation, MikeD.

There's no " two ways about it ". 

I believe most people want DCI to respond appropriately, as each event naturally requires a different response.

DCI states that " not speaking badly about another Drum Corps is of PARAMOUNT importance " to them.

I'll say.  But how about reports in the Press that a current DCI Director payed a firm to bury his past sexual deeds with minors ?  Do we want DCI to not even have even a statement regarding this allegation that was published in a large city newspaper ? 

Do we want DCI HQ "to act " swiftly" with harsh penalties imposed on Corps Directors that might have utilized a few unadvisable, late night, words on Social media ( that was truthful ), but " not to act " when its alleged a current Corps Director allegedly attempted to hide the past sexual offenses with minors from public knowledge and scrutiny by paying off a firm to bury that info from parents. public ? 

Do not overly criticize fans here that you think are confused in stating " DCI should act" and then " DCI should not act ".

The fans are not confused here on all this, imo, MikeD.  Its DCI HQ itself that seems confused on when and how to act, and what priorities there should be on what is heavily penalized, and what should not be, imo.

while I agree something should happen to Morrison.....it is alleged, and nothing in writing has been presented to back up the claim.