Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

7 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Jeez, I wish you'd quit mis-using that word.

choose a word you wish i'd use.

hear·say
/ˈhirˌsā/
noun

1. information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.
    "according to hearsay, Bob had managed to break his arm"
    synonyms: rumor, gossip, tittle-tattle, tattle, idle chatter, idle talk, mere talk, report; More

• LAW
      the report of another person's words by a witness, which is usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.
      "everything they had told him would have been ruled out as hearsay"

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Proposed: the non-disparagement rule is a bad rule that never should have been on the books in the first place.

i don't have an issue with the rule. I'd prefer the punishments be a)  less severe and b) clearly spelled out

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

wow, reach much? Several of us are here trying to have rational discussion, and you're going to far extremes and trying to project things onto people that aren't really true. This type of behavior is what got that thread where you were going after Garfield shut down

I'm not reaching at all. He literally typed up a paragraph in defense of immoral actions by senior leadership because no human is infallible and there is no way to determine what is moral and what is not.

So I'll break it down for the people that are having trouble keeping up. Sexual assault of minors is immoral. Medical negligence of minors is immoral. I will not entertain discussion to the contrary. "All human beings are immoral." Great, fine. Sexual assault of minors is extra immoral.

• Like 2

In response to Arsenal board statement

by Drum Corps International

Drum Corps International has been in discussions with Arsenal Performing Arts for the past several days regarding the organization’s desire to continue its participation in the SoundSport program, while taking additional time for learning and development. We appreciate Arsenal’s statement earlier today and their board’s commitment, cooperation, understanding, and willingness to work together moving forward. We stand ready to assist them.

We are continuing to identify additional opportunities to improve communication and refine the processes for performing ensembles to move from one competitive division to another. We will also use this experience to clarify our evaluation procedures further and develop new guidelines for transitioning between the SoundSport, Open Class, and World Class divisions.

DCI fully supports Arsenal Performing Arts in the pursuit of its goals. We look forward to working with its board of directors and administration as the organization gains momentum, both on the field of competition and in its operations.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

choose a word you wish i'd use.

Witness John Doe:  "I saw an invoice from "Internet Scrubbing Corporation" to "Crossmen, Attn.: Fred Morrison" which said "for cleaning sex offender's online record"

That is NOT hearsay.

[Note: the above is a fictitious example illuminating a rough summary of what it appears the reporter's source indicated he/she would be able to testify, offered merely to contradict an incorrect usage of a legal concept, and it is not an attempt to accurately depict any actual document or event, about which this author has no actual knowledge]

Edited by Eleran
added fineprint
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

DCI finds itself in a position where for the first time EVER, they are being held accountable for not only having rules, but actually enforcing them. To go back on their original decision now kills their credibility

Vanity. If they were wrong to either write that rule or enforce it as they did (and yes I know opinions differ on those points), then credibility needs to take a back seat to justice.

7 minutes ago, wilkituba said:

Drum Corps International has been in discussions with Arsenal Performing Arts for the past several days regarding the organization’s desire to continue its participation in the SoundSport program, while taking additional time for learning and development. We appreciate Arsenal’s statement earlier today and their board’s commitment, cooperation, understanding, and willingness to work together moving forward. We stand ready to assist them.

We are continuing to identify additional opportunities to improve communication and refine the processes for performing ensembles to move from one competitive division to another. We will also use this experience to clarify our evaluation procedures further and develop new guidelines for transitioning between the SoundSport, Open Class, and World Class divisions.

DCI fully supports Arsenal Performing Arts in the pursuit of its goals. We look forward to working with its board of directors and administration as the organization gains momentum, both on the field of competition and in its operations.

DCI fully supports Aresenal performing Arts in the pursuit of its goals.*

*next year, maybe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

But at this time, anything proving he actually paid to have it hidden is hearsay. 

And that is all it is hearsay. I don't fault Crossmen for keeping him because we don't know if the Crossmen aren't in the process of severing ties. We do know how long it takes to change directors in general and DCP finds out about 10 months in advance. So who knows this may be his last season. Nobody wants to see the Crosssmen go inactive. I went on record before that I don't believe Fred is a threat to the kids and is comfortable to leaving it up to the Crossmen to do what's best. If symbolic gestures rule the day then Fred must go if they don't then Arsenal must stay. dci justice needs to be blind.

7 minutes ago, wilkituba said:

I love happy endings, especially when two sides can admit their mistakes and come together in the spirit of compromise.

(Sorry, wrong thread.)

35 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

well written. 

My thoughts as well. Yet I see comments of people on their page attacking them for not supporting their director. Sounds to me that they had a director who went off script and took things into his own hands without even consulting the board before responding and taking things public. It seems to be when directors have total control and don't have to answer to the board they get themselves into trouble. The proper path to handle this wasn't followed and now the actual board is left behind has to clean up the mess of something that could have been handled better without jeopardizing the future of the corps.

That being said, DCI's punishment didn't seem to fit the crime and they reacted too soon as well as their response could essentially kill the organization. It sort of reminds me of the NCAA giving SMU the "death penalty" for paying football recruits. They'll probably never do it again because SMU has not been able to even rebuild a successful program in the 30+ years since then.