Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

I love happy endings, especially when two sides can admit their mistakes and come together in the spirit of compromise.

(Sorry, wrong thread.)

Seriously, that is NOT how I read that.  Though admittedly, I may just be too flabbergasted by the whole thing to think 100% clearly.  I feel like Arsenal may have had their hand forced if they were continue in Soundsport and if they did want to continue with DCI at all, had to issue an apology.  DCI then waited for that apology to come out to say "oh, thank you for that.  We support them".  Something just smells rotten about it.  I tend to have a pretty good sniffer too 😛  

You get egg on your face...and you get egg on your face...and you get egg of your face...

15 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

You're right that very few large companies would let it slide. Very few large companies operate honorably when it comes to things like this.

This is a garbage response. Obviously you are anti-business/anti-c

15 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

You're right that very few large companies would let it slide. Very few large companies operate honorably when it comes to things like this.

That doesn't make me wrong though. If a large company fires someone for stating something true about climate change with the company name under theirs, that's also evil, and that company would be raked over the coals on modern social media.

In any case, this is beside the actual point. You just wrote out the predictable explanation that everyone already knows. No one cares if Dan is was able to kill Arsenal on a technicality that was in the rulebook. The action is still disgusting, especially considering how slow to act he was with the actual issues that were putting young people at risk. He takes his sweet time there, but is able to swiftly punish the one decent corps director who was willing to publicly condemn that which every decent human must condemn.

That is disgusting behavior. I don't care if it's supported by some bylaw. In that case, the bylaw is also disgusting, as is whoever is responsible for it.

I think Mike D offered a good response this this post. I will add that is impossible to enter a discussion with someone, in this case you, that refuses to be factual in their responses. People can disagree with the actions that DCI took and still agree that they rightfully had a reason to and a right to act. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:09 AM, Terri Schehr said:

The director resigned.  Why deny the entire corps?  There’s is something fishy in Denmark. 

It's the old "Shoot one to encourage the others" tactic in full bloom. Keep your mouth shut or else in full swing. Easy target. The irony of this individual resigning over this while others have done far worse and far more and not resigned... is disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

Seriously, that is NOT how I read that.  Though admittedly, I may just be too flabbergasted by the whole thing to think 100% clearly.  I feel like Arsenal may have had their hand forced if they were continue in Soundsport and if they did want to continue with DCI at all, had to issue an apology.  DCI then waited for that apology to come out to say "oh, thank you for that.  We support them".  Something just smells rotten about it.  I tend to have a pretty good sniffer too 😛  

You get egg on your face...and you get egg on your face...and you get egg of your face...

If Arsenal was more in this neck of the woods I'd be encouraging them to stuff DCI and come to DCA... but that's just me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

This is a garbage response. Obviously you are anti-business/anti-c

It's a true response, whether you want to hear it or not.

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

I think Mike D offered a good response this this post. I will add that is impossible to enter a discussion with someone, in this case you, that refuses to be factual in their responses. People can disagree with the actions that DCI took and still agree that they rightfully had a reason to and a right to act. 

Who's refusing to be factual? Clearly DCI had a "reason and right" to act per their own guidelines. That is irrelevant to my point, which is what I disagree with the actions they took.

18 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Witness John Doe:  "I saw an invoice from "Internet Scrubbing Corporation" to "Crossmen, Attn.: Fred Morrison" which said "for cleaning sex offender's online record"

That is NOT hearsay.

Putting a ton of words into the alleged receipt. Because the court will insert the word alleged if they don't provide a copy. To even think that some underhanded internet firm even puts their questionable endeavors on a printed receipt is a leap of faith. They sell also sell the Brooklyn Bridge if anyone is interested. Could it be they are hiding how they really found out or could it be the Ole Alumni coming after him and made him do it? 

55 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Look at how desperately you're trying to "both sides" the issues of sexual assault and abuse of minors.

Absolutely disgusting.

Careful; you know not of what you accuse! For personal reasons I do not want out in public forums all I will say is that in my opinion child abuse and rape laws are not stong enough because I would utilize the death penality on child abusers! But even the laws concerning punishing sexual abusers of minors are not 'moral', even those laws are still amoral. They punish the actionable behavior not the motive, feeling, or immoral/moral belief system of the adult commiting the crime. So Jeffery, it matters not to the human law that I actually feel sick at what I believe is moral deprivation in a child rapist. It is his behavior I want punished, and will leave his immoral/moral judgements to God.

Edited by Stu

Jeff:  Henceforth please use “tittle-tattle” instead of “hearsay”. Thank you 

Yours Truly,

HD

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I swear to God, I don’t know what to think. Befuddled ... that’s what I am. 

Couldn’t sleep. And wouldn’t sleep. Love came and told me I shouldn’t sleep. Bewitched, bothered and bewildered am I ....

• Haha 1