Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

20 minutes ago, BigW said:

come to DCA... but that's just me

DCA -West, DCA-MidWest, DCA allover they do know how to run a drum corps show! Maybe society has thrown in the towel on trusting anyone with their kids for 14 weeks. The parents live in the real world. They care if dci is getting a black eye in Metza, RAINN, Change.org and listed on Whitehouse petitions, negative newsprint & web editions all over the press. The kids themselves are revolting against dci. Reddit is filling up with questions about joining a DCA corps at the same time they are damming dci to death. Dci is the Weimer Republic right now any option except what they have today is a better choice. 

53 minutes ago, wilkituba said:

In response to Arsenal board statement

by Drum Corps International

Drum Corps International has been in discussions with Arsenal Performing Arts for the past several days regarding the organization’s desire to continue its participation in the SoundSport program, while taking additional time for learning and development. We appreciate Arsenal’s statement earlier today and their board’s commitment, cooperation, understanding, and willingness to work together moving forward. We stand ready to assist them.

We are continuing to identify additional opportunities to improve communication and refine the processes for performing ensembles to move from one competitive division to another. We will also use this experience to clarify our evaluation procedures further and develop new guidelines for transitioning between the SoundSport, Open Class, and World Class divisions.

DCI fully supports Arsenal Performing Arts in the pursuit of its goals. We look forward to working with its board of directors and administration as the organization gains momentum, both on the field of competition and in its operations.

well that says a lot.

doesn't mean anything, but it's verbose, aka a lot

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

And that is all it is hearsay. I don't fault Crossmen for keeping him because we don't know if the Crossmen aren't in the process of severing ties. We do know how long it takes to change directors in general and DCP finds out about 10 months in advance. So who knows this may be his last season. Nobody wants to see the Crosssmen go inactive. I went on record before that I don't believe Fred is a threat to the kids and is comfortable to leaving it up to the Crossmen to do what's best. If symbolic gestures rule the day then Fred must go if they don't then Arsenal must stay. dci justice needs to be blind.

to sever ties, they'd have to boot his wife off the board too. doubt that's happening without a mandate from downtown Indy

6 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

DCA -West, DCA-MidWest, DCA allover they do know how to run a drum corps show! Maybe society has thrown in the towel on trusting anyone with their kids for 14 weeks. The parents live in the real world. They care if dci is getting a black eye in Metza, RAINN, Change.org and listed on Whitehouse petitions, negative newsprint & web editions all over the press. The kids themselves are revolting against dci. Reddit is filling up with questions about joining a DCA corps at the same time they are damming dci to death. Dci is the Weimer Republic right now any option except what they have today is a better choice. 

TheTouring model is very, very expensive...

54 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Witness John Doe:  "I saw an invoice from "Internet Scrubbing Corporation" to "Crossmen, Attn.: Fred Morrison" which said "for cleaning sex offender's online record"

That is NOT hearsay.

[Note: the above is a fictitious example illuminating a rough summary of what it appears the reporter's source indicated he/she would be able to testify, offered merely to contradict an incorrect usage of a legal concept, and it is not an attempt to accurately depict any actual document or event, about which this author has no actual knowledge]

Right.

Whereas it would be hearsay (and this also is merely a rhetorical example) if witness Jane Smith testified: "John Doe told me he saw an invoice from 'Internet Scrubbing Corporation' to 'Crossmen, Attn: Fred Morrison' which said 'for cleaning sex offender's online record.'"

Thank you for making that point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

to sever ties, they'd have to boot his wife off the board too. doubt that's happening without a mandate from downtown Indy

Correct it's a big tangled mess that could be managed and the kids would be safe. They need to stop getting themselves into these messes but like you say that takes time. Then like I say adding blunder after blunder makes it take more time. I think we are on the same page and just waiting to see what's next.

Edited by Bluzes

1 minute ago, BigW said:

TheTouring model is very, very expensive...

Maybe there is no touring model and drum corps are more local and show up somewhere for finals at will. Just thinking out loud of how we got in this mess.