Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

Note the word "alleged" on what Morrison is said to have done for Moody. No named source, no image of a receipt, only two unnamed sources alleging that this happened. Nothing for DCI to act on or even comment on, IMO. Even if I personally believe that it happened, I don't know that it happened, if you get the difference.  

I started using that term as well? Dci doxxed Fred he didn't molest anyone but is in the "dci/Google Hall of Shame" A.I. has its limitations Fred resigned. Google is blind but has a say in your destiny. 

Edited by Bluzes

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

Just figuered it out in that it depends on the search engine. So to answer your question: In the article he is not associated at all with GH

You just figured out the upside down hour glass in the show about time. Potential employers don't read all the resumes. A.I. scanners (private Googles) scan the resumes and his is kept at the bottom because of key word asscociations in the metadata that associates him with other perverts. AI flags him as a do not hire.

Edited by Bluzes

54 minutes ago, Gabe92 said:

When I red the original offer, I was surprise that everybody here were on board with that.  I thought it was a terrible way to make an offer.  I also thought that DCI answer was fine. To me, their answer was: "Wooooah... hold on. We need to talk. Your evaluation in on hold until we have a talk".

Most agree.. including the former Arsenal Corps Director himself... that in retrospect he should have made the helpful offer, but left out the comments in his post about these 2 Corps ( things that had already been stated by many when DCI HQ levied their penalties on these 2 Corps.)

However, there was no " lets have a talk " offer by DCI. Thats untrue. From reports, Dan Acheson made this decision and without a personal contact and communication with this Corps Director AT ALL.   It was Dan Acheson that can be assessed as acting prematurely and " emotionally " some might argue. The Corps Director was not even afforded a contact by the person that pulled the Organization's review application. Its like you were hired by someone, and without proper explanation and notice, you are abruptly fired, and notified of your abrupt firing by an underling to your boss. Your Boss never " had a talk with you " before abruptly firing you. He fires you  because you said something about another fired person ( that was true ) but he did not like that you spoke about that fired person he fired, so he fires YOU !. Who exactly is the mature adult in this ?  

The Corps Director admitted he made a mistake in a portion of comments in his offer that on the face of it was helpful to parents and MM's left in the lurch by a DCI membership Corps that screwed up and was penalized by Dan Acheson for their actions. But Dan Acheson overreacted in this situation to a portion of that post by this Corps Director, imo and pulled the Organization's quest for Open Class status on something that could have easily been " talked out ", imo. But it wasn't " talked out ", now was it. 

And now we read in the newspapers the aftermath, Read their headline. Now tell us who the media and  much of the public that reads this believes " overreacted " again ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

You just figured out the upside down hour glass in the show about time. Potential employers don't read all the resumes. A.I. scanners (private Googles) scan the resumes and his is kept at the bottom because of key word asscociations in the metadata that associates him with other perverts. AI flags him as a do not hire.

Did you miss the part where I said that in fact I 'would' hire him!!! Crimminy... are modern reading skills of folks going down the tubes!!!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

However, there was no " lets have a talk " offer by DCI. Thats untrue. From reports, Dan Acheson made this decision and without a contact with this Corps Director AT ALL.   

DCI in its statement said they "offered Arsenal an opportunity to correct the issue, but the organization's leadership chose not to discuss options for moving forward".

However, I am unaware of any evidence they have offered to back that up, or even any details of what and how they communicated, what the response was, etc. that would bolster the credibility of their claim.

Perhaps we will get that if they ever release, in the future, the statement they promised to release yesterday.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MikeD said:

That is not why Arsenal had their Open class application suspended. 

If the Arsenal director had spoke about his group and highlighted the positive way they treat the members, and made the great offer to those Pio and OC kids, NONE of this would have happened. He did not do that. His own board says he was wrong. HE said he was wrong in what he posted. 

Personally, I would most likely have made a different call, but I understand why they did what they felt they had to do, based on their own policies that are in place today, that were available to Arsenal's director.

That is what happened though, regardless of how DCI wants to spin it. A director reached out to try and help the displaced members from corps that had scummy people running them. DCI banned his application because they didn't like that he named the other two groups specifically. Groups that already weren't fielding corps this year due to the issues the Arsenal director mentioned in his post. DCI punished his group (and the OC/Pio kids he was trying to help out) because they thought he was being too mean to groups that actually were abusing kids.

Of course his board is paying lip service now. They have no choice but to kiss DCI's ### if they want to keep the door open for next year.

The fact is, the rulebook doesn't say that DCI has to suspend any open applications for a social media violation. They could've just slapped him on the wrist or asked him to remove the Pio and OC names from the post. The rules didn't FORCE them to take action like they did. Dan Acheson did that. He decided that was the best course of action. Just him.

Edited by jeffmolnar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stu said:
16 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Did you miss the part where I said that in fact I 'would' hire him!!! Crimminy... are modern reading skills of folks going down the tubes!!!!

Right, cursive is a rock group from Ohama,, reading thats what A.I is for. You mean your typing all this or talking to your smart phone, Where is you computer to brain interface and DCP accues me of being drunk, I AM WIRED :guinesssmilie:

5 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Most agree.. including the former Arsenal Corps Director himself... that in retrospect he should have made the helpful offer, but left out the comments in his post about these 2 Corps ( things that had already been stated by many when DCI HQ levied their penalties on these 2 Corps.

However, there was no " lets have a talk " offer by DCI. Thats untrue. From reports, Dan Acheson made this decision and without a contact with this Corps Director AT ALL.   It was Dan Acheson that can be assessed as acting prematurely and " emotionally " some might argue. The Corps Director was not even afforded a contact by the person that pulled the Organization's review application. Its like you were hired by someone, and without proper explanation and notice, you are fired, and notified of your firing by an underling to your boss. Your Boss never " had a talk with you " before firing you. He fires you  because you said something about another fired person ( that was true ) but he did not like that you spoke about thsat fired person so he fires YOU !. Who exactly the mature adult in this ?  

The Corps Director admitted he made a mistake in a portion of comments in his offer that ion the face of it was helpful to parents and MM's left in the lurch by a DCI membership Corps that screwed up. But DCI HQ overreacted to a portion of that post and pulled the Organization's quest for Open Class status on something that could have easily been " talked out ". But it wasn't " talked out "

And now we read in the newspapers the aftermath, Read their headline. Now tell us who " overreacted " again ?

Of course, we will never have the full story. My reading is lightly different than yours. I see a first reply from Eddleman saying evaluation is suspend. No year mention.  Then, many tentative to reach Acheson in less than 24h with a refusal to take the post out until he talk to him. 

We don't know the nature of those emails or voice mail. I know that if you bark at me (I not saying he did... I talk about me) and can't have the courtesy to wait a bit for me to greet you with my full attention (which might not been available at the moment), I might give a stronger answer.  

However, even with a "not before 2020", this could have been navigated if not public. 

He took all is option out by going public, acheving the exact oppose result he was looking for. 

I feel sad for him. Feel sad for DCI, Arsenal all other involve.  What a mess for nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Right, cursive is a rock group from Ohama,, reading thats what A.I is for. You mean your typing all this or talking to your smart phone, Where is you computer to brain interface and DCP accues me of being drunk, I AM WIRED :guinesssmilie:

I get what you are saying about the way apps are presented in the 21st century. But if Ziprecruiter for example filtered him out based merely on being mentioned in the article the problem is not Ziprecruiter but the algorithms within the program.

Edited by Stu

3 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

I 'would' hire him!!!

You would not see HIS resume because he would not have made the eligible hires that HR recommends (vetting). They approve 3 or 4 hires that are sent to the hiring manager. So unless you know him from Church or something you can't hire. Then if you know him and HR doesn't agree then they get your boss involved, been there.