Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

Please remember that by this time he knew it was agaist DCI policy

Yes but not until the The King said so. As that point, he already had one head on his platter. Thinking I am just as guilty, I tried to get a plea bargain but he said he had none left. He also said I was not to draw any conclusions from turncoats that see this all too clearly now.

25 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

According to his Facebook post, he only said he was willing to take the post down.

Again, if you cannot show us where he ever promised to take the post down:

• stop putting words in his mouth
  • retract the four times you have done so
  • admit you were mistaken

"But Mom, I never actually used the word promise; I only offered and said I was willing." Ok, that parsing would work with Mom and her response would be, "I did not mean to put words in your mouth dear, and you're right I was mistaken"; Not!

Edited by Stu

Actually he said he would take the post down. He then decided not to take it down until he received clarification amongst other reasons.

"Although I initially stated that I would remove the post, I did not because I was looking for clarification from DCI and because I understood that removing the post at that point would be a meaningless gesture as it had already been shared over four different social media platforms by a variety of drum corps influencers."

Edited by Barneveld
  • Thanks 1

You all know you’re not going to change anybody’s mind in this, right?  Meanwhile, while you argue the parsing of words, if you would take a few steps back from the circular arguments of 10 people here on DCP, I think you would see there’s a bigger more fundamental picture that was painted from the Arsenal debacle:  By their quick and severe response to Arsenal, in the public perception DCI has demonstrated they care more about the image of DCI than they do about cleaning their house of abusers. And that’s some bad damage to the DCI brand. Ironically, exactly the opposite of Dan’s intended effect. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

So...... Is it your opinion that the supposed/alleged Fred app is a hoax, and whoever gets it has been scammed?

Not at all. None of us really know so it's all opinion. Using the term alleged is giving Fred the benefit of the doubt. Fred's social media rating plummeted on that revelation months later. Fred was still afloat if it was not for that. So here goes Holmes stay alert. I do question the "receipt"  first that it was a hard copy knowing only Colonel Mustard had access to them. The receipt is protecting The Butler from Rockey Horror from coming forward. The con is that the "innocent receipt" the receipt is not innocent. Progress Holmes who's DNA will we find in Fred's office ........ Stay Tuned

2 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You all know you’re not going to change anybody’s mind in this, right?  Meanwhile, while you argue the parsing of words, if you would take a few steps back from the circular arguments of 10 people here on DCP, I think you would see there’s a bigger more fundamental picture that was painted from the Arsenal debacle:  By their quick and severe response to Arsenal, in the public perception DCI has demonstrated they care more about the image of DCI than they do about cleaning their house of abusers. And that’s some bad damage to the DCI brand. Ironically, exactly the opposite of Dan’s intended effect. 

I agree with your statement. I disagree with the public perception.

22 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Actually he said he would take the post down. He then decided not to take it down until he received clarification amongst other reasons

Exactly the root cause of this is the policy. The damage was unintentional, that means something in a court of law. You get a lesser penalty for the same results. 

Then what is the penalty for intentionally disparaging dci? The penalty does not suit the crime. The CEO made a snap decision and hasn't convinced many that he can justify his actions.

Edited by Bluzes

42 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Not at all. None of us really know so it's all opinion. Using the term alleged is giving Fred the benefit of the doubt. Fred's social media rating plummeted on that revelation months later. Fred was still afloat if it was not for that. So here goes Holmes stay alert. I do question the "receipt"  first that it was a hard copy knowing only Colonel Mustard had access to them. The receipt is protecting The Butler from Rockey Horror from coming forward. The con is that the "innocent receipt" the receipt is not innocent. Progress Holmes who's DNA will we find in Fred's office ........ Stay Tuned

Simple yes/no question. In your opinion, does a program exist that can erase your entire metadata and erase your entire digital footprint?

Edited by Stu

35 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Actually he said he would take the post down. He then decided not to take it down until he received clarification amongst other reasons.

"Although I initially stated that I would remove the post, I did not because I was looking for clarification from DCI and because I understood that removing the post at that point would be a meaningless gesture as it had already been shared over four different social media platforms by a variety of drum corps influencers."

No - he said he was willing to take it down, while also asking for clarification.  You do understand that is not the same as a promise, right?