Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

On 1/20/2019 at 5:54 PM, BigW said:

You guys reminded me of this old chestnut. 🙂

I actually yawned...like...fer rizzle. If they start playing SoA 1980 "Devil went down to Georgia" I'm gonna pee myself.

DCP News Guy here. I just wanted to make a quick clarification as I noticed there was some confusion about the discussion thread which was created from the Philly Inquirer article.

I update the DCP front page (almost) every evening with drum corps news. There are three types of sources I pull these news items from:

1. Official corps websites
  2. Submissions (announcements/releases) directly from corps PR/admin
  3. A Google News search for the words "drum" and/or "corps" in an article

#3 is how the Inquirer article came to my attention and how I posted it on the front page.

Now, when I post an article, the website automatically generates a related discussion thread in the forum linked to the category I choose for the article. For example, I categorized the Inquirer article as "DCI World", though TECHNICALLY I should have categorized it as "DCI Open" (No SoundSport category or discussion forum yet). As a result, a discussion thread was created linking to that article.

Ideally, since I knew about this thread in this particular situation and the article was already referenced here, I should have asked the forum admin/moderators to either delete the thread generated from the article or merge it into this one. I didn't and the confusion about having essentially two discussion threads about the same topic came about.

In no way was that auto generated thread an "official" discussion thread for the topic at hand. If you see a thread started by "DCP News Feed", it is simply a thread created automatically when I post the news item on the front page. If there's already a user generated thread related to that subject, keep on talking there and let the mods know about the auto generated one so they can take care of it and keep the forums nice and neat.

If you ever have any questions about DCP News, please do not hesitate to reach out to me, either through the forums via PM or by emailing me at editor@dcpnews.com.

Kevin Gamin
Managing News Editor
Drum Corps Planet
"We were here before the DCI News Network"

😎

• 3 weeks later...

This afternoon, Arsenal BoD has notified its 2019 members that DCI has reversed its position and has accepted Arsenal for participation in the San Antonio Regional. The communication from Arsenal speaks of them as a drum and bugle corps but does not specify whether they will appear as a competitor or exhibitor, whether they will be included in the Open Class or in SoundSport aspects of the Alamodome show.  There is not a specific mention of the disruption of the "assessment" review by DCI to welcome the corps to touring although the Arsenal administration admits that changes have been made to the corps' structure while maintaining the aims of their original founder who resigned in the communication uproar in their outreach to Oregon Crusaders mms. The actual notice to Arsenal mms can be found on Arsenal's fb page.

As of this hour and posting, DCI website's show information has yet to mention Arsenal as now appearing at San Antonio but that section of the DCI website has been consistently erratic and quite slow in making adjustments for many shows and corps. Corps news and announcements have ceased to be a usual Friday morning 11 am Eastern time regular on the DCI site as well for this off-season.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, xandandl said:

This afternoon, Arsenal BoD has notified its 2019 members that DCI has reversed its position and has accepted Arsenal for participation in the San Antonio Regional. The communication from Arsenal speaks of them as a drum and bugle corps but does not specify whether they will appear as a competitor or exhibitor, whether they will be included in the Open Class or in SoundSport aspects of the Alamodome show.  There is not a specific mention of the disruption of the "assessment" review by DCI to welcome the corps to touring although the Arsenal administration admits that changes have been made to the corps' structure while maintaining the aims of their original founder who resigned in the communication uproar in their outreach to Oregon Crusaders mms. The actual notice to Arsenal mms can be found on Arsenal's fb page.

As of this hour and posting, DCI website's show information has yet to mention Arsenal as now appearing at San Antonio but that section of the DCI website has been consistently erratic and quite slow in making adjustments for many shows and corps. Corps news and announcements have ceased to be a usual Friday morning 11 am Eastern time regular on the DCI site as well for this off-season.

i just saw that as well as new director named. good news!!!!

• Like 4