Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

8 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I’m holding for the official DCI response but thinking of ye olde thingee of paying lip service to bosses not a problem, standing up to them when you disagree is a problem

Their response is out, FYI.

Snitches get stiches right Dan Acheson?  I guess you showed ‘em!  

Meanwhile how’s your buddy Fred Morrison, the corps director who knowingly hired child harassers, doing?  

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Their response is out, FYI.

Should have said detailed response as really vague imo. 

He said something, we said no no no... and he won’t retract, apologize, edit or something something 

Edited by JimF-LowBari

1 minute ago, HockeyDad said:

Snitches get stiches right Dan Acheson?  Could you be more obtuse right now?

Intentional or not (I'm sure not), that's exactly the message broadcasted. How could anyone have thought the decision itself + the timing were at all appropriate?!

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but the former director or Arsenal, posted a long write up (with emails) about the suspension and the decision to put the evaluation on hold. 

I believe he is being truthful, and if there are no emails missing, then it shows that DCI gave them no attempt to correct the action. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ohwiseone said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but the former director or Arsenal, posted a long write up (with emails) about the suspension and the decision to put the evaluation on hold. 

I believe he is being truthful, and if there are no emails missing, then it shows that DCI gave them no attempt to correct the action. 

It’s detailed with time stamps and emails. 

First of all, to use the plural of "representative" requires that more than one person did this.  Otherwise, that is a lie.  

Secondly, according to this...

58 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

According to a facebook reply by one of their apparent staff or board, they were actually not given a chance to rectify the situation.  Interesting...

... the part about "an opportunity to correct the issue" is another lie.

Third, "no recourse but to suspend the corps"?  What about these other recourses?

- suspend the guy who posted
- have him apologize
- have him retract
- have him step aside
- ban him from DCI for life
- let the corps resume the process once that happens
- or just alert him to his mistake and let him learn from it, like Phil Marshall, Mike Quillen, Chris Magonigal, Fred Morrison, and Dan Acheson get to?

In either case, DCI is punishing an entire corps for the actions of one person.  That person freaking RESIGNED.  The corps should not continue to be punished for what he did.  Per DCI policy, we "offered them the opportunity to correct the issue", but "the organization's leadership chose instead" to disparage one of their own SoundSport units on DCI.org.

Wait.  That is precisely the same sin Arsenal is being banished for.  That leaves me with no recourse but to suspend my evaluation of whether DCI has a clue.  They may petition again in 2020, but for 2019, DCI is officially clueless.

• Like 1

For clarification's sake, because Arsenal is in New Mexico, all times are MT.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1