Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

Up until now I've given DCI the benefit of the doubt that they were not being proactive, rather than assuming they were being malicious.

Now they've shown they can and will take action against corps that don't meet their standards. The only problem is that violations of the "media policy" are major issues but hiring sexual predators or discouraging members from using the whistleblower form are minor and not cause for concern.

I'm kind of tempted to go outside a show next summer and hand out papers detailing everything DCI has done wrong with links to the news articles about these things. Or go to the show wearing a shirt that says "Dan Acheson protects and enables predators". Maybe that would get the message across? Because all of the whistleblowers, news articles, and people complaining to DCI clearly hasn't.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ShamrockTuba said:

Up until now I've given DCI the benefit of the doubt that they were not being proactive, rather than assuming they were being malicious.

Now they've shown they can and will take action against corps that don't meet their standards. The only problem is that violations of the "media policy" are major issues but hiring sexual predators or discouraging members from using the whistleblower form are minor and not cause for concern.

I'm kind of tempted to go outside a show next summer and hand out papers detailing everything DCI has done wrong with links to the news articles about these things. Or go to the show wearing a shirt that says "Dan Acheson protects and enables predators". Maybe that would get the message across? Because all of the whistleblowers, news articles, and people complaining to DCI clearly hasn't.

Do it.

I'm thinking of doing something similar.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Do it.

I'm thinking of doing something similar.

It would be pretty easy to crowdsource designs for handouts, and to create a signup schedule for volunteers to be on hand on sidewalks/other public property near venues. Maybe someone should register something like savedrumpcorps.org. 🤔

Edited by besson57

2 hours ago, Minimaster said:

Flo has a close business relationship with DCI with event streaming and social media. They should be on the same page with this.

they are not a DCI member, therefore the rules are not the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

they are not a DCI member, therefore the rules are not the same.

That’s a distinction without a difference when it comes to drum corps social media.

2 hours ago, Bluzes said:

Pick Pick Pick The kids well being has been affected, monitory damage has occurred. We need the Amsler Gird to follow any logic that their membership status is an excuse to go dark on an issue with so much collateral damage.

so what the #### is it....do you want rules in place and to be enforced or not?

I'll admit I am underwhelmed by the statement released, but here they spell out what the rule is, and that it was broken and the action taken. Jesus himself couldn't please some of you

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, besson57 said:

It would be pretty easy to crowdsource designs for handouts, and to create a signup schedule for volunteers to be on hand on sidewalks/other public property near venues. Maybe someone should register something like savedrumpcorps.org. 🤔

Some years ago the Ringling Bros. Circus was in town and there were animal rights protesters picketing and handing out literature on the public space just outside of the venue where the circus was being held.

Point is there are established ways to protest that pass muster w/r/t free speech rights.  Lets not reinvent the parts of the wheel that have already been invented.

2 hours ago, besson57 said:

@Jeff Ream was right. This totally changes the narrative.

Oh wait. No it doesn't. It just confirms exactly what everyone was outraged about.

yeah I was told something different. guess not. 

• Sad 1