Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Dan A. is operating in quicksand, imo

Is it time for a new combine? The xci

38 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Just don’t speak ill of the boss and his decisions come to mind. 

Just can’t picture this with some of the DCA personalities back in my day. Thinking lot of disagreements expressed “forcefully” yet final result was for the best of the activity. 

Of course, back then we didn't have social media.

I can only imagine what an unauthorized  "fly on the wall" social-media report on a typical DCA meeting would have been like!!!  :tongue:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Of course, back then we didn't have social media.

I can only imagine what an unauthorized  "fly on the wall" social-media report on a typical DCA meeting would have been like!!!  :tongue:

“I sat in on one of these meetings and.... Holy #### do these people scare me!!” Comes to mind as a report from bitd.... 

First time I saw Lefty Mayer he came down to give us a pep talk as we were rebuilding. Car door opens and one leg comes out and then the rest of Lefty follows. Us kids were like holy #### one leg and head of a drum corps, gotta be a tough sob. Then season started and we met the Skyliners and realized how tough you had to be to keep that group in line.

Don’t give no crap, don’t take no crap, not in the crap business 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

Is it time for a new combine? The xci

No, imo. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

So much for following in The Cadets path on how to impress the press. Why did this need to happen? It boils down hurt feelings at dci. These are not the actions of a concerned governing body. If it didn't offend DCP then who did it offend them? The damage is hurt feelings on their part and we are the boss and can do what we want.

What company would not oust their CEO just for today's press revisiting all the past disparaging statements to rid the company of another disparaging comment that only offended those on the BOD. The BOD again the same ones that went halfway with Fred became sick puppies yesterday over Arsenal and today are at the vet. In the real world, this is called "shooting yourself in the foot"

Edited by Bluzes
typo

43 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Ok, you want " 2018 " ?

DCI HQ has remained silent for a couple of months now with the knowledge that one of its membership's current Corps Directors ( according to press reports ) apparently paid a firm to keep the past sexual violations with youth of a staffer in their emply away from the scrutiny of DCI HQ, parents of marchers, and parents of prospective campers at the Corps. Think about this for a moment. The Corps Director certainly knew that the staffer's hire and retention would not play well with the public if the guys past sexual creepiness and sexual violations with minors came to light. So rather than be forthcoming, honest, and transparent, he attempted to secretly pay a firm to bury that info from public scrutiny. No matter how one tries, no one can not justify the actions to secretly pay a firm to keep from the public their Right to Know, especially when these Corps Directors act as proxies for parents with their children for months on end. Compare the actions of this Corps Director with that of the Arsenal Corps Director's fully open and transparent actions, and words he typed on Social Media that actually were the TRUTH. Compare the swiftness and rather harsh penalty too that was imposed  by DCI HQ upon this young and ambitious Corps Director and its entire Corps with that of the silence by DCI HQ. with the potentially far more threats to marcher safety of a current Corps Director ( that served on the DCI BOD recently ).  All in " 2018 ". As a matter of fact, it is now " 2019 ", Jan.16th, and as of yet DCI HQ. has had no statement on that Corps, nor its Corps Director's far, FAR more reported unacceptable behaviors, ( not just some rather harmless words on Social media by the young former Corps Director with Arsenal. )

Paragraphs are over-rated. 🙂

If you think I'm defending DCIs actions or lack of actions you are mistaken. I am just pointing out that in this case and because of the current climate they acted quickly. My guess in the Crossmen director situation. Why beat around the bush we all know who it is. They are looking at 2nd hand information regarding the claim they paid someone to hide the skeeve's record. The Arsenal director made a post on social media they could actual point to as a fact.

Again not defending DCI but also not trying to bash them too badly based on incomplete information which is what we ALL have.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

DCI HQ. had a Corps Director disparage an entire geographical region of the country on social media in 2017. DCI took no action on those social media remarks of his. Is 2017 recent enough for you ?

The rules were different in 2010

1 hour ago, ouooga said:

I'm still angered by the decision to take away the corps' evaluation. If you (DCI) don't like what a Director did, fine, I can get behind that, but leave the punishment with the Director. If the corps is still deemed fit to tour, there should be no reason to hold that process up.

If the organizing body deems it appropriate for a corps to still participate in the season when its Director is alleged to have been literally raping the corps' staff and former members, surely another corps can still be evaluated for to compete in open class when their Director posts something on social media, right?

Yeah the more I’m reading with the fact I was made to expect far more information justifying the decision I’m more convinced than ever dci’s Entire governance structure needs overhauled top to bottom.

the one time they provide swift and decisive action, it’s this? 

• Like 8

I just saw the emails. "It is of paramount importance that DCI groups don't speak badly of each other" Okay LoL but fixing the rot within DCI and the organizations, protecting the health and safety of members on a variety of fronts, and ending the tradition of letting sexual misconduct slide ... not of paramount importance.

Let it burn

• Like 5