Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

40 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Has DCI disputed his timeline or argued that his emails make him look worse?

They’ve said nothing and my hunch is to avoid internet pissing matches they won’t say anything because no matter what they do, it’ll make them look worse. If Lotz wants to really be full disclosure he should post them 

15 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Probably nowhere

Hopefully nowhere. It does not matter if DCP has captured the big picture on dci intentions. Dci has been called out for acting fraudulently and it's in the public eye being placed on the national news wire. It places the issue way over DCPs head, were the good guys that are just trying to put the pieces together. However, as far as the public perception of dci is concerned, these issues are being played out on a national level and dci has been called fraudulent. Now it is prudent for dci to initiate damage control over that statement because it is hurting them way more than the Reddit post that started this whole mess ever did or would.

How come Tricia L. Nadolny has quick access to this young man and needs to jump through hoops to get a response from dci? Why isn't Dan's picture in the article explaining dci's side of the story? It places DCP s problem of not knowing the full picture of this on the back burner, the school administrators and other outside decision makers that decide dci's fate year in and year out don't make their decisions by the accuracy of DCP's posts,lets not get a big head and get back to the issues.

Just now, Bluzes said:

Hopefully nowhere. It does not matter if DCP has captured the big picture on dci intentions. Dci has been called out for acting fraudulently and it's in the public eye being placed on the national news wire. It places the issue way over DCPs head, were the good guys that are just trying to put the pieces together. However, as far as the public perception of dci is concerned, these issues are being played out on a national level and dci has been called fraudulent. Now it is prudent for dci to initiate damage control over that statement because it is hurting them way more than the Reddit post that started this whole mess ever did or would.

How come Tricia L. Nadolny has quick access to this young man and needs to jump through hoops to get a response from dci? Why isn't Dan's picture in the article explaining dci's side of the story? It places DCP s problem of not knowing the full picture of this on the back burner, the school administrators and other outside decision makers that decide dci's fate year in and year out don't make their decisions by the accuracy of DCP's posts,lets not get a big head and get back to the issues.

Dans side was probably lawyer vetted. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

This. Yes, DCI has been a wreck in this area for a long, long time. The expectation by people that it will change over-night and get EVERYTHING right on the first swing is unrealistic.

But this is like losing their grip on the bat and hitting the umpire right in his... strike zone.

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I agree here with (1). I do not see why the Organization could not have been evaluated on its own merits, and that evaluation gone forth.

As for Arsenal's current financial situation ( as of last week ), Its unclear what financial situation they were in, and whether they would have passed financial muster with DCI with that aspect of the evaluation process or not. We really don't know this now, regrettably.

DCI's statement made it unambiguously clear that the withdrawal of the upcoming evaluation was not financial in nature. It was punitive in nature. Their current Corps Director at the time violated the DCI's media policy, and as result of that alone, the entire Organization's upcoming scheduled evaluation on all the other required criteria was withdrawn it its entirety by Dan Acheson at DCI HQ for the 2019 season.

Totally understand what you mean regarding the finances. The comment I made was based on what I read from the former director.

16 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Dans side was probably lawyer vetted.

Then he needs to fire his lawyer his whole PR department what does that have to do with anything. Dan is the face of dci. Dci placed their fate is in the hands of the press and it's not going well. Defending Dan does not help to fix the issue? What's the point in that, Dan does not need cheerleaders or excuse makers, he needs an action plan to overcome the obstacles.  

Edited by Bluzes

1 minute ago, Barneveld said:

Totally understand what you mean regarding the finances. The comment I made was based on what I read from the former director.

Oh... ok.

35 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I agree here with (1). I do not see why the Organization could not have been evaluated on its own merits, and that evaluation gone forth.

As for Arsenal's current financial situation ( as of last week ), Its unclear what financial situation they were in, and whether they would have passed financial muster with DCI with that aspect of the evaluation process or not. We really don't know this now, regrettably.

DCI's statement made it unambiguously clear that the withdrawal of the upcoming evaluation was not financial in nature. It was punitive in nature. Their current Corps Director at the time violated the DCI's media policy, and as result of that alone, the entire Organization's upcoming scheduled evaluation on all the other required criteria was withdrawn it its entirety by Dan Acheson at DCI HQ for the 2019 season.

True in that the official withdrawl was not based on finances. However, the evaluation was also not complete and was still in the middle of the process. DCI was set to attend a camp to further evaluation. We do not know if the financial status had yet been evaluated. Here is a quote from the Arsenal Directors's resignation letter which may point to something that had yet to be discovered by the DCI evaluation process: " I will support the Arsenal Board of Directors moving forward, and will help them to either find a new director to take my place, or to sell Arsenal’s assets to cover the organization’s debts prior to dissolution." if they are in need to sell asets to cover debts that is a red flag.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

This seems like a reasonable compromise.

It would if we knew the whole story like Jeff says we don't know the full picture on just about anything. It has been mentioned that the young director had his personal money invested or other legal holdings that would slow down the application way beyond the 2019 tour to work through. There is also a post in the Crossmen thread where a poster mentions that Fred owns the Crossmen in some similar manner to RB. The post is sitting there but did not generate much attention. We react to info we get and make assumptions but it's just a discussion, nothing more.

6 minutes ago, Bluzes said:

It would if we knew the whole story like Jeff says we don't know the full picture on just about anything. It has been mentioned that the young director had his personal money invested or other legal holdings that would slow down the application way beyond the 2019 tour to work through. There is also a post in the Crossmen thread where a poster mentions that Fred owns the Crossmen in some similar manner to RB. The post is sitting there but did not generate much attention. We react to info we get and make assumptions but it's just a discussion, nothing more.

this