Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

11 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

In Stu's world, any responsible corps or prospective corps will raise enough (non-refundable) money in advance of any activity that there's never any danger of them folding during the season.

Yes, I know - and I know there is no point in questioning him on that.  But he went on to declare it impossible for any corps (responsibly run or not) to go from in-the-black to in-the-red during the process of dissolution.

And by the way, no amount of money can prevent a corps from folding.  If no one stays and runs things, it will fold regardless.

38 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Yes, I know - and I know there is no point in questioning him on that.  But he went on to declare it impossible for any corps (responsibly run or not) to go from in-the-black to in-the-red during the process of dissolution.

And by the way, no amount of money can prevent a corps from folding.  If no one stays and runs things, it will fold regardless.

In no way shape or form did I state it was 'impossible' to go from black to red during the proccess; 'irresponsible' yes!!!! Learn to read! Also while money cannot keep a corps from folding if no one wants the run the ship, it is still irresponsible if the BOD lets the ship sink into debt prior to desolving the corps.

Edited by Stu

7 hours ago, BRASSO said:

The question still remains however,  do they apply their " rules and regulations " in an even handed, consistent faction across the board, and irrespective of a person and Corps status in DCI ?

Let me think:

If you are a SoundSport group applying for open class, even a slight on another corps in a social media post gets your entire corps a full year sentence.

If you are world class, but at the bottom competitively, multiple instances of member maltreatment gets you special assistance from DCI personnel to complete your season, but then either your director must go, or the whole corps goes.

If you are high ranking world class, a serial rapist and a BOD intent on knowingly keeping him there earn you special assistance from DCI personnel to complete your season, including bending over backward to move your tour from one coast to the other to accommodate the needs of the corps in their time of crisis.

Is that fair?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

Let me think:

If you are a SoundSport group applying for open class, even a slight on another corps in a social media post gets your entire corps a full year sentence.

If you are world class, but at the bottom competitively, multiple instances of member maltreatment gets you special assistance from DCI personnel to complete your season, but then either your director must go, or the whole corps goes.

If you are high ranking world class, a serial rapist and a BOD intent on knowingly keeping him there earn you special assistance from DCI personnel to complete your season, including bending over backward to move your tour from one coast to the other to accommodate the needs of the corps in their time of crisis.

Is that fair?

Dan has the authority to take action at his own discretion concerning suspending the application process of a SoundSport group; however he has no power whatsoever to take action on any WC corps without first reciving direct permission from the voting body of WC corps. So how is it fair for posters on DCP to blame Dan for the scenarios listed in your second and third paragraphs?

Edited by Stu

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

Dan has the authority to take action at his own discretion concerning suspending the application process of a SoundSport group; however he has no power whatsoever to take action on any WC corps without first reciving direct permission from the voting body of WC corps. So how is it fair for posters on DCP to blame Dan for the scenarios listed in your second and third paragraphs?

The question I was answering was not whether "Dan" applies rules consistently, but whether DCI applies rules consistently.  (As you would say, "learn to read".)

39 minutes ago, Stu said:

In no way shape or form did I state it was 'impossible' to go from black to red during the proccess; 'irresponsible' yes!!!! Learn to read! 

Here is what you posted:

16 hours ago, Stu said:

If they are in debt prior to dissolution they would in fact be in debt while the corps is active.

So I pointed out that a corps could descend into debt while inactive.  If they subsequently decide to make their inactivity permanent by dissolving, they would then have bills to pay.

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

honor has nothing to do with it. it's called companies have policies and employees follow them or get fired.

I get that.  (Apparently, so does Spenser Lotz, since he fired himself.) 

But the thing is, the kids currently signing on for the 2019 Arsenal open-class project are not DCI employees, and they did not violate any policies.  Why fire them?

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i frequent this site, and several drum corps pages on various social media platforms. i have yet to see anyone give DCI a pass for decades of purposely ignoring sexual predators and assaults in drum corps.

Hmmm I don’t about that...