Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

9 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Unfortunately, an unresponded to allegation in a major city newspaper gives added life to it, imo. DCI should have at least offered up a denial that this happened. DCI HQ  could have stated that to the reporter and/ or put out a press release statement that" we looked into the matter and found no evidence of wrongdoing with this", or some such. DCI HQ had put out previous denials of knowledge of things before in what the Press uncovered, MikeD.

Also, why are you " suspicious " that the reporter's sources ( 2 ) with this allegation re. Fred Morrison is apparently bogus, in your opinion ? You disbelieve her account on what she found in her investigatory report, MikeD ? That maybe the reporter just made up the story re. Morrison, or that she had no sources ? or her sources are lying ?

DCI shouldn't have to speak on behalf of Fred. Fred should speak up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Let me think:

If you are a SoundSport group applying for open class, even a slight on another corps in a social media post gets your entire corps a full year sentence.

If you are world class, but at the bottom competitively, multiple instances of member maltreatment gets you special assistance from DCI personnel to complete your season, but then either your director must go, or the whole corps goes.

If you are high ranking world class, a serial rapist and a BOD intent on knowingly keeping him there earn you special assistance from DCI personnel to complete your season, including bending over backward to move your tour from one coast to the other to accommodate the needs of the corps in their time of crisis.

Is that fair?

actually assistance was given to eliminate issues the rest of the season...except then more issues happened. then DCI gave the director ultimatum. Facts matter. 

Oh, and Cadets were given the ultimatum for a total change of people running the ship, or there would have been no season. again, facts matter

3 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

(Correct on OC, but wrong on Troopers - their membership was revoked after the 2005 season.)

then why did they not come back as Open Class as Magic had to do?

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Hmmm I don’t about that...

I am talking real people, not troll accounts

1 hour ago, wilkituba said:

Public service-

To former members of Pioneer and Oregon Crusaders and current members of Arsenal who do not want to march another year of SoundSport but march in a REAL drum corps, we at _________ Drum Corps will offer you a free audition, free camp fee for our next camp, and a discount of $500 off your dues if contracted.  We understand the predicament you are in and hope to see you at camp.  Thank you.

Too soon?

i'd replace REAL with competitive

15 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

while I agree something should happen to Morrison.....it is alleged, and nothing in writing has been presented to back up the claim. 

True. But we really do not even know if " nothing has been put in writing to back up the claim ", by the reporter as there has been no follow up to her article re. Morrison, and DCI has refused her future interviews ( likely under atty. advice ), and DCI makes no mention of the reporter's claim. Nor has DCI even written a statement that they will even investigate such a serious charge on one of its current Corps Directors.

I don't believe this allegation on Fred Morrison is likely to be dropped by this reporter any time soon either ( even if us DCP's never bring it up again ) So it seems likely that DCI will have to respond at some future time to this serious charge anyway. Or else, the reporter will have to retract her findings, given new info on it. One or the other, it would seem to me.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, cixelsyd said:

When someone :whistle: posted the G7 PowerPoint presentation online.

what we said here had no impact. The other 15 corps were already in an outrage and working on moves before it ever hit my email. The other 15 corps received a lot of support from fans that probably only hung with front runners prior to that, but nothing we said or posted here affected anything, because if the other 15 had just laid down like sheep, it would have gone through regardless of what we said. The other 15 made change happen, not us, and they were already in motion  before they even left that room.

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

then why did they not come back as Open Class as Magic had to do?

Because:

- they rectified whatever "compliance issues" caused the membership revocation

- and they were only inactive for one season.  Magic sat out 2000 and 2001 before returning in 2002.

1 hour ago, MikeD said:

His group applied to become an open class corps. It is not DCI's job to "train" him on their rules.

We praise dci when they do train,  now they don't need to train. dci's heart is just getting bigger by the minute their angel wings are popping out all over the place. They can do damage to young kids and their parents at will and be exempt from civil liability. Is this right out of Alfred E Newman "What Me Worry" we have DCP to explain things away.

Look I get your gig but the ship is sinking on many levels. They want to run things as responsible adults when it suits them. Then when things go south they have DCP to explain things away. So let's get this straight they look the other way on abuse, expel any team.corps at will over their own hurt feelings and have absolutely no liability, conscience or heart over the damage it caused to kids. Throw a bunch of gibberish together hide it on their website out of the goodness of their heart consider them trained. Come on DCP this defense of dci can't be for real?

Edited by Bluzes