Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

34 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

It's a true response, whether you want to hear it or not.

Who's refusing to be factual? Clearly DCI had a "reason and right" to act per their own guidelines. That is irrelevant to my point, which is what I disagree with the actions they took.

You are completely overly emotional and not dealing factually in this thread IMHO. Your response may be true to you but to most it is not.

I really don't want to further derail this thread on this so let's just agree to disagree and move on.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

the article offered no more proof that someone said they saw a receipt in the past.  not hard proof

True. And its of course not a Court of Law requiring the submittance of such " hard proof " to bolster the Philly Reporter's claIm.  Even the allegations of George Hopkins sexual assaults that first materialized in the Philly Inquirer has not produced " hard proof " either, as such a high bar is also not required in order for DCI HQ to respond and to take action. The lack of " hard proof " did not stop DCI HQ was intervening and demanding Hopkins be removed, as the reporter's earlier article alone was deemed credible by DCI HQ, and was more than sufficient enough for them to act, and to see that he was removed.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lance said:

I'm very confused. 🏳️

Well if we are somewhere between dci & wgi where are we exactly right now because I am confused as well. Just poking fun at your tag even today deserves a little humor.

Edited by Bluzes

1 hour ago, wilkituba said:

In response to Arsenal board statement

by Drum Corps International

Drum Corps International has been in discussions with Arsenal Performing Arts for the past several days regarding the organization’s desire to continue its participation in the SoundSport program, while taking additional time for learning and development. We appreciate Arsenal’s statement earlier today and their board’s commitment, cooperation, understanding, and willingness to work together moving forward. We stand ready to assist them.

We are continuing to identify additional opportunities to improve communication and refine the processes for performing ensembles to move from one competitive division to another. We will also use this experience to clarify our evaluation procedures further and develop new guidelines for transitioning between the SoundSport, Open Class, and World Class divisions.

DCI fully supports Arsenal Performing Arts in the pursuit of its goals. We look forward to working with its board of directors and administration as the organization gains momentum, both on the field of competition and in its operations.

To paraphrase:  We have spent the past several days working with Arsenal to move forward... into the exact same place we stuck them back on Monday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

You are completely overly emotional and not dealing factually in this thread IMHO. Your response may be true to you but to most it is not.

I really don't want to further derail this thread on this so let's just agree to disagree and move on.

I'm passionate about issues related to the abuse of kids, yeah. I'm also passionate about condemning the abuse of power. You're free to disagree, but that doesn't make anything I've said "overly emotional."

Facts are true whether or not you believe them.

Fair enough though, we can agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, gbass598 said:

My thoughts as well. Yet I see comments of people on their page attacking them for not supporting their director. Sounds to me that they had a director who went off script and took things into his own hands without even consulting the board before responding and taking things public. It seems to be when directors have total control and don't have to answer to the board they get themselves into trouble. The proper path to handle this wasn't followed and now the actual board is left behind has to clean up the mess of something that could have been handled better without jeopardizing the future of the corps.

That being said, DCI's punishment didn't seem to fit the crime and they reacted too soon as well as their response could essentially kill the organization. It sort of reminds me of the NCAA giving SMU the "death penalty" for paying football recruits. They'll probably never do it again because SMU has not been able to even rebuild a successful program in the 30+ years since then.

SMU didn't even have football til what...less than 10 years ago?

What I got is, Arsenals BOD and DCI have been talking, and that the relationship isn't dead, and time can heal the wounds. As I said before, if the two sides can keep communicating well, and out of the public eye, I expect good news down the road.

35 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Jeff:  Henceforth please use “tittle-tattle” instead of “hearsay”. Thank you 

Yours Truly,

HD

I shall indeed.

so the fact someone "saw" a receipt however many years ago, but has no proof is pure tittle-tattle.

😎

What I read into DCI's response is "Thank you Arsenal BoD.  We can delete our response we had planned to publish regarding your former director's comments on Facebook.  We also cancelled our flight to Albuquerque.  See you at one or two of our SoundSport shows, if we decide to put on the schedule."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

I'm passionate about issues related to the abuse of kids, yeah. I'm also passionate about condemning the abuse of power. You're free to disagree, but that doesn't make anything I've said "overly emotional."

Facts are true whether or not you believe them.

Fair enough though, we can agree to disagree.

i think we are all passionate about it. But because we don't all use your wording and extreme my way or highway terminology, you think we aren't opposed to it, and nothing could be farther than the truth. I in fact, as I have stated here before, was falsely accused of improper relations with a minor. it could have destroyed my entire life, and through the chutzpah of youth, I fought for my integrity and life like a madman. I burned some important bridges, but in the end, it turned out yes, i was vindicated and able to prove the accusation was false. However when it comes to an overwhelming majority of the accusations out there, they are true. and I'll back every one of them. I've gotten people fired from places because of accusations and testified at two trials that put people away.

I forget who it was earlier that said the only good justice for a child abuser, sexual or other, is the death penalty and I agree with that person 1,000,000,000%. But as I learned at age 23, words matter, so if I don't use yours, it doesn't mean i am ok with what happens in these cases. It means I've learned there's certain ways to skin a cat.