Arsenal Drum Corps Offers Tuition Discount To Pioneer/Oregon Crusaders Vets

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

What I got is, Arsenals BOD and DCI have been talking, and that the relationship isn't dead, and time can heal the wounds. As I said before, if the two sides can keep communicating well, and out of the public eye, I expect good news down the road.

While I appreciate hearing that the relationship between DCI and Arsenal is still in-tact, with room and desire to grow in the future, my main concern is on the damaging impacts from the change from 2019 to 2020 in the evaluation. The corps was planning to do an actual tour this summer (short tour, but a tour nonetheless), and had paying members traveling from out-of-state to participate. That's all part of the package they sold this year, that unfortunately cannot be. To DCI, maybe, a year off isn't a huge deal, but looking at any corps that's ever taken a year off - heck, even what we anticipate 2019 is going to do to OC - we all know that taking a year off can be permanently detrimental to any corps' future recruitment efforts, let-alone a startup. That, combined with any rumor-mill products from CMMs re: the DCI/Arsenal relationship come next season, and Arsenal has a much more up-hill battle for recruitment in 2020 than they ever did for 2019.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

You are completely overly emotional and not dealing factually in this thread IMHO.

If anyone who is looking for work at dci  This should be listed as a strong point on their resume Have track record of non-emotional & not dealing factually when it comes to business decisions. Sure hire! 

1 hour ago, jeffmolnar said:

I'm not reaching at all. He literally typed up a paragraph in defense of immoral actions by senior leadership because no human is infallible and there is no way to determine what is moral and what is not.

So I'll break it down for the people that are having trouble keeping up. Sexual assault of minors is immoral. Medical negligence of minors is immoral. I will not entertain discussion to the contrary. "All human beings are immoral." Great, fine. Sexual assault of minors is extra immoral.

Here it is again since you seem to be blinded by your own self-ranting: Careful; you know not of what you accuse! For personal reasons I do not want out in public forums all I will say is that in my opinion child abuse and rape laws are not stong enough because I would utilize the death penality on child abusers! But even the laws concerning punishing s exual abusers of minors are not 'moral', even those laws are still amoral. They punish the actionable behavior not the motive, feeling, or immoral/moral belief system of the adult commiting the crime. So Jeffery, it matters not to the human law that I actually feel sick at what I believe is moral deprivation in a child rapist. It is his behavi or I want punished, and will leave his immoral/moral judg e ments to God (because there are none of us who are 100% moral and righteous). Now please stop twising my words out of context!!!

Edited by Stu

32 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

To paraphrase:  We have spent the past several days working with Arsenal to move forward... into the exact same place we stuck them back on Monday.

Ya, its like bulldozing a guys house to the ground, giving the owner 2 in the hat, and dropping him in the dumpster out back.

Then returning a couple of days later to tell the wife and kids " We're here to give you the moral support you need moving forward to put your home and life back together again. Good luck, and call us if we can help you any further. We're here to assist you in any way we can. "

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i think we are all passionate about it. But because we don't all use your wording and extreme my way or highway terminology, you think we aren't opposed to it, and nothing could be farther than the truth.

In your case, I believe that is true.

That's not the case for several others on here though. Being supportive of Dan Acheson for cracking down and punishing a corps for trying to do right by the displaced kids who were previously neglected at Pioneer and OC... is never going to sit right with me. From what you've posted in this thread, you feel the same way.

Which is why I don't understand why you (and a few others) feel the need to then explain why Dan Acheson was within his rights to do what he did. Everyone knows that. It doesn't change the fact that I strongly oppose the way he handled the situation. What is the point of beating that drum, if not to show your support Acheson and attempt to discredit his critics?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

You are completely overly emotional and not dealing factually in this thread

Agree that the thread has become overly emotional. Even more so the dci threads on Reddit just boiling over, why? Reddit is not a bunch of old farts that just needs a DCP attitude adjustment so we can return to the fifty happier campers. This is serious business that needs realistic damage control, are there any signs of that? What caused the outrage? What could help calm things down? It's the kids on Reddit that pay the bills adjusting attitudes is a waste of time anywhere else.

45 minutes ago, ouooga said:

While I appreciate hearing that the relationship between DCI and Arsenal is still in-tact, with room and desire to grow in the future, my main concern is on the damaging impacts from the change from 2019 to 2020 in the evaluation. The corps was planning to do an actual tour this summer (short tour, but a tour nonetheless), and had paying members traveling from out-of-state to participate. That's all part of the package they sold this year, that unfortunately cannot be. To DCI, maybe, a year off isn't a huge deal, but looking at any corps that's ever taken a year off - heck, even what we anticipate 2019 is going to do to OC - we all know that taking a year off can be permanently detrimental to any corps' future recruitment efforts, let-alone a startup. That, combined with any rumor-mill products from CMMs re: the DCI/Arsenal relationship come next season, and Arsenal has a much more up-hill battle for recruitment in 2020 than they ever did for 2019.

here's the thing......evaluation is never a sure thing. they could have beemn told to do more before passing. So making promises that weren't delivered by the admin could have hurt worse than this. 

30 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

In your case, I believe that is true.

That's not the case for several others on here though. Being supportive of Dan Acheson for cracking down and punishing a corps for trying to do right by the displaced kids who were previously neglected at Pioneer and OC... is never going to sit right with me. From what you've posted in this thread, you feel the same way.

Which is why I don't understand why you (and a few others) feel the need to then explain why Dan Acheson was within his rights to do what he did. Everyone knows that. It doesn't change the fact that I strongly oppose the way he handled the situation. What is the point of beating that drum, if not to show your support Acheson and attempt to discredit his critics?

he was within his rights to do what he did because....and i'll be sure to type it so you get it:

DCI HAS RULES IN PLACE NOW AND HE FOLLOWED THEM.

that simple. You may not like the rules, you may not like the end result, but thats what happened.

• Like 1